Unloaded Files

thanks, I'm getting the same error.  But just so you know, I noticed those folders were created when I installed a Canadian airport, CYEG - Edmonton.  I deleted the airport and removed those textures.   Then reinstalled and those same folders were created again.   

But here's the kicker, it's not just Edmonton.   The EXACT same thing happened with NA LC, as soon as I download and install it, those folders noted above are installed as well.  As soon as you start the sim, you're asked if you want to unload them..   There are no scenery folders in them, just textures.   Not really an ideal installation setup is it?  

Is it possible that these textures are somehow needed for NA LC?  I have no Australian LC or Australian airport products.    I have beautiful textures around my home airport - CYQT, but as soon as I install NA, LC I have the black circles with some night textures in them and some circles with what appear to be rail cars or some type of commercial/industrial texture.  

I went through some troubleshooting, checked scenery orders, verified files.    Can't get rid of those odd textures.    For some reason, those odd textures are displayed all over the place.   Something isn't right for sure, but the what's with the installation of these FTX_AU files?  I've been an off and on again user of Orbx, but the same issue with NA LC has always been going on.   

Thanks Nick, giving it a try.      

For whatever it's worth, even something as straight forward as verifying the library files adds those same files mentioned in the OP to the scenery library. 

Do you have Australian sceneries or LC already installed?   I wonder if Orbx doesn't download and install it if there is some type of other scenery already installed.  

I still have to remove them each time.    Report back shortly

JH    

No difference.   Same oddball textures.    Those textures appear only as soon as I activate NA LC.    First, on the right is the texture that is almost always black with some night time roads that sometimes run through it.   Sometimes the texture changes when the scenery is loaded and it will appear with the same dimensions but a different texture is displayed.  I saw this happen before with UTX and it was due to textures that had not been properly mipmapped.   

Then there's the image on the left, which is also prevalent in other textures in this area.   If you look hard, the same texture is directly ahead in the distance.   Looks like rail cars or industrial yards.   Those textures don't change.    Seen these textures all across Northern ontario and Eastern Manitoba.   

Followed the instruction from your link, my libraries are installed within the sim.    I've had this problem with Orbx NA LC for as long as I've owned the product.  

1020928860_Untitled(3).thumb.png.9323452d285302a088dddf221af30f1b.png

Sorry for hijacking this OP. I apologize but I'm not running v5, but 4.5.    Regardless, I saw the same exact thing in 5 when I had that version installed in my sim.  

Perhaps this should be moved to the LC forum. 

BTW, this poster had something similar with textures, not exactly the same but your suggestion worked for him. 

JH

Hello,

I have split this from the hijacked topic for you.

On your behalf, I have removed all Orbx products from both P3D v4 and P3D v5.

I then installed FSim Studios CYEG into the P3D v4 folder and into the P3D v5 Orbx Library.

On neither occasion did it add any other files.

Can you clarify where these files are, ideally with an image and whether or not they also have

scenery library entries, also ideally with an image.

In any event, they have nothing at all to do with your openLC problem.

In relation to that, please go to your P3D folder\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl, right click

on it, select Properties and report its size please.

Thanks for your help.    I do appreciate the effort to remove all the products and reinstall CYEG.   Worth pointing out, I'm not the only one who reported this happening.  The original poster experienced the same thing for v5.    The exact same group of files were installed.   

I'm always a bit wary when you state, "they have nothing to do with your openLC problem".   

I agree, that there is likely some underlying issue with the terrain.cfg or lclookup but clearly, uninstalling LC completely removes that problem, reinstalling it creates the same issue in the exact same spots.   I don't disagree that the installation of the AU files has nothing to do with the LC problem, but I still don't understand why that's happening. 

The lclookup.bgl is 49kb.     The one that I renamed and added the ".off" extension is also 49kb.   

There is another lclookup.bgl located in P3d\Orbx\Scripts\Custom.na which is also 49kb 

I have nothing else installed here but 2020 version of Pilot's Mesh .   No airport, no scenery.    It's default scenery.  

I'll prepare some coordinate information for all of the texture issues.    But if you start on rwy 30 at cyqt, slew, raise your aircraft, the pictures I included above are just north of the airport location.    They are also dotted north and east of the airport location, west of the urban LC - which is supposed to represent the city of Thunder Bay.   

If I slew, raise my height, completely turn and face south, there is a similar texture problem at the base of Mt. McKay, which is just south of the river that runs through the area.   

I'll also send an image of the scenery library entries

Hello,

Global Base and openLC require modifications to both the lclookup.bgl file and the terrain.cfg file before they can work correctly.

The most common cause of problems with these two products is because one or the other has been modified again after Orbx Central has done its work.

As I understand it and in very simple terms, there need to be definitions of which textures are called.

The definitions are held in those two files and if they are not correct, the wrong textures are called.

Also, as I understand it, there are other products that can introduce their own landclass texture calls but these problems are

usually local to those products.

The lclookup.bgl file sizes look to be correct, so the solution may lie with either of the other two likely causes.

Okay, thanks.    Starting from scratch.   I have a lead on a conflict, but will work with the developer to confirm.    For whatever it's worth, uninstalling any Orbx products, leads to the installation of those same AU LC files noted in the OP.  

JH

Archived