Installing south uk demo to x-plane with 2 copies of XP on same PC

Joel-G

Hi all,

I have downloaded the central manager, and the demo for south uk. It is as an external library.

I have 2 copies of X-Plane on my Hard drive. It is working fine in one copy, but I want to install it - or reference it - in the other copy. How can I do that please ?

Kind regards

Joe

18 minutes ago, JpH said:

Hi all,

I have downloaded the central manager, and the demo for south uk. It is as an external library.

I have 2 copies of X-Plane on my Hard drive. It is working fine in one copy, but I want to install it - or reference it - in the other copy. How can I do that please ?

Kind regards

Joe

I suggest you either make a symbolic link using something like HardLinkShell (Google it) or make a shortcut and drop that short cut into the Custom Scenery folder of the copy of XP that is lacking the addon.

1 hour ago, Jon Clarke said:

I suggest you either make a symbolic link using something like HardLinkShell (Google it) or make a shortcut and drop that short cut into the Custom Scenery folder of the copy of XP that is lacking the addon.

Thanks for that - the hardlinkshell was never going to happen :) - I would have removed the scenery first. there is absolutely no need for that rubbish on any windows machine. 

But, thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the location of the pointers to the library, I simply copied them to the other beta version, works fine.

I presume you use linux lol... ?............................................ ;) 

The HardLinkShell is to create symbolic links which are recognised by Orbx Central for updating addons. Orbx Central does not recognise shortcuts. I and many others use that programme with absolutely no ill effect whatsoever.

No, I am a Windows user. Never used a Mac or Linux OS.

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

The HardLinkShell is to create symbolic links which are recognised by Orbx Central for updating addons. Orbx Central does not recognise shortcuts. I and many others use that programme with absolutely no ill effect whatsoever.

No, I am a Windows user. Never used a Mac or Linux OS.

Hi Jon, ;)  I have no problem with symbolic links in any OS. I am just not prepared to drop to command line / powershell for something that should - in theory - on windows be so simple. Luckily, as it turns out it was a very simple 'cure' .  Literately copy and paste.  so no need to use that. The user should never have to start dropping to powershell or whatever in Windows for an add-on program of any kind - or indeed - any program. 

But, the end result is it is working beautiful in X-P 11.50B15 (16 came out last night and I haven't tried that. SO good in fact that from the demo of the south UK I bought Central UK (parted with my money haha :) ) beautiful work and so frame-rate friendly. Getting 55 to 90FPS on triple monitors over Southampton, even seen as much as 140 .... It appears to be less of a hit than the standard scenery.  Excellent product.

Cheers for the guidance and kudos to the team for such a great product.

Archived