True Earth GB South update on Orbx Central

Kevin J

Hi

just downloaded the Courchevel freebie in X-Plane 11 on Windows last night and noticed Orbx Central offered an update on TE GB South which I did. For some reason I now only have a view of landscape and airports no roads towns cities etc in GB South area ?? 

3 minutes ago, Kevin J said:

Hi

just downloaded the Courchevel freebie in X-Plane 11 on Windows last night and noticed Orbx Central offered an update on TE GB South which I did. For some reason I now only have a view of landscape and airports no roads towns cities etc in GB South area ?? 

Attach your scenery_packs.ini

31 minutes ago, Kevin J said:

Will do. Only reason I dismissed the “.ini order” was that with an automated install each time courtesy of Orbx Central I assumed that was all checked during install and updates ??

Orbx Central would do normally but I need to check in case other addons have placed themselves in a position to mask TEGB South

7 hours ago, Kevin J said:

If you open your scenery_packs.ini you will note there is a partial and second entry for TEGB South orthos as this extract shows:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
enery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/

I have removed it from the .ini but you need to check the Custom Scenery folder.

You also show 2 entries for OrbxLibs library. I have removed one entry of OrbxLibs

The layering seems OK except that I do not know what your additional addon of:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MeshXP_British_Isles/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MeshXP_British_Isles_Overlays/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MeshXP_British_Isles_Trees/

actually does. It will cause a conflict for TEGB South so i am moving it down below the TEGB South entries in the scenery_pack.

I attach the revised scenery_pack and you can see if it works.

You need to check your Custom Scenry folder to see if there is actually a second copy of TEGB South orthos, because that ia also a cause for a problem. The .ini will only read what it sees in the Custom Scenery folder so if there is a duplicate then please remove it.

I would then run the Verify files option via Orbx Central for TEGB South just to make sure all files are correct. Before you do that, clear your Temp folder and remove any Backup copy of TEGB South that you have. How to do that and where the backup copy would reside is in the pic also attached.

scenery_packs.ini

1.thumb.JPG.0ac1e638f4c26224b1f6e0e48282469c.JPG

Thanks Jon. Have checked there is only one instance of Orthos, the partial must have been some sloppy editing on my part and I didn't notice and maybe the verify check recently added the full text in again ?

7 hours ago, Kevin J said:

Thanks Jon. Have checked there is only one instance of Orthos, the partial must have been some sloppy editing on my part and I didn't notice and maybe the verify check recently added the full text in again ?

Probably the Verify added the full text, yes.

Archived