Duplicate SODE installation (P3D V4)

Achmed

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Win 7 SP1

Simulator:  P3D V4.4 HF2

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Duplicate SODE installation after Orbx Central update ?

Today, I did an update of Orbx central and Orbx products.

It updates SODE too but while updating, it couldn't register SODE (stays on red "UNREGISTERED").

Since long time, I have my SODE installation in C:\GAMES\12bpilot and thought, Orbx would update mine but that seems not the case.

Downloading and running the installer for SODE 1.7.1 from 12bpilot leads to
"repair" or "remove", but "change" grayed out. "Repair" states it couldn't repair it.

Now it seems, I have two SODE installations:

my SODE 1.6.8 in C:\GAMES\12bpilot, where SODE Platform Manager 1.6.8 says "SODE REGISTERED" and "SODE ACTIVE", and

Orbx SODE (?) 1.7.1 in C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE, where SODE Platform Manager 1.7.1 says "SODE REGISTERED" and "SODE ACTIVE".

In AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central\SODE\Orbx\Scripts , I found "SODE_InstallLog.log", it seems, the Orbx update has changed the SODE installation from GAMES\12bpilot to Program Files (x86)\12bPilot.

I checked the SODE entries in P3D V4.4 HF2, they point to the new "Program Files(X86)\12bPilot":
[DiscoveryPath.0]
Path=C:\Users\Achmed\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx_Central_Library\p3dv4
Title=Orbx Main Library
Active=TRUE
[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\P3Dv4
TITLE=SODE
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.1]
PATH=C:\Games\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Zuerich V4
TITLE=Aerosoft- Mega Airport Zuerich V4

Now what is the state of my installation and what shall I do ?

How interferes Orbx SODE with manual installed SODE ?

If I remove both SODE installations and reinstall SODE manually (I don't want Simulator files in C:\Programm Files...\),

will my environment be thrashed ?

SODE_InstallLog.log central.log

Hello,

as with any software, manually interfering with its installer will only cause problems.

The installation in program files (x86) is only 10MB, whereas the main installtion, that

as far as I am aware, you cannot move, is at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE

• 2 weeks later...

Gee Achmed are you aware if this?

Yes, but don't know how this relates to the problem ?!?

...whereas the main installtion, that

as far as I am aware, you cannot move, is at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE

I install P3D related software - if the installer offers an installation path box - to a separate folder and the standalone SODE allowed me to do so, don't ask me when this was possible...

Some days ago, i found out what happened:

- The Orbx delivered SODE installer (1.7) goes to "C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot"
- As I had already a dedicated SODE installer (1.6), the Orbx delivered "SODE Platform Manager" could not register/activate itself (while my dedicated "SODE Platform Manager" showed, it was registered/active).

- Both SODE logfiles showed the correct data path "C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE"

So, after deactivating/unregistering/removing/uninstalling my dedicated SODE, I ran the Orbx deliviered "SODE Platform Manager" from C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE, registered and activated it, now everything is working.

If Orbx delivers an original SODE installer, the support to select a user-defined installation path was maybe dropped by SODE 1.7...

Archived