True Earth GB South installation problem

Hello,

I have tried to install the True Earth GB South, but seems there is a problem during installation. The system showed none of the files can be converted at the last stage of installation. I have tried to run x-plane 11, and a popup message shown saying the .ter and .dds file is missing.

How can I get it solved?

Thanks,

William

4 hours ago, Aerocentre said:

Hello,

I have tried to install the True Earth GB South, but seems there is a problem during installation. The system showed none of the files can be converted at the last stage of installation. I have tried to run x-plane 11, and a popup message shown saying the .ter and .dds file is missing.

How can I get it solved?

Thanks,

William

Please read the link  and ensure you meet ALL the requirements.

Particular attention needs to be made to the references to free disk space both on the disk to which downloads go into your Temp folder and the free space required for the installation.

Guides on how to move your Temp  folder if required are also in the link.

Failure to convert the files is a strong indication of not enough free disk space on either the C drive where Windows places your Temp drive by default, or the drive you are wanting to install on. 

Hi,

I have finally done converting the custom scenery jpg, however when I load the flight a popup message saying there are .ter and .dds file are missing. I have checked the converted file from the texture folder and found the .dds is missing, how can I get it back? I tried to verify files from Orbx Central but seems problem still exist.

Thanks,

William

2DA95EDC-680F-4934-AF44-56D1AE4F4225.jpeg

Please tell me how much free space you have on on your disk drives.

Did you move your Temp folder to a larger drive. etc.

The message about missing dds is again normally linked to a lack of free space, so we need to see if that is the case in your circumstances.

Please provide as much info as you can about your disk drives and their free space, the location of your XP installation etc.

Attach your XP log from your XP directory.

34 minutes ago, A.Dale said:

I am having similar problems. TE GB South has downloaded, but not converted, it says I haven’t got enough disk space, however I have 464gb on my drive, so more than enough.

Which drive has that amount of space. The drive you want to install onto or the drive that the download is going on to (C drive?)?

Have you met ALL the requirements outlined in the link I gave about installing True Earth addons?

Also please post your issue on a separate post as although it may sound the same as Aerocentres issue, the cause may be different.

10 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Which drive has that amount of space. The drive you want to install onto or the drive that the download is going on to (C drive?)?

Have you met ALL the requirements outlined in the link I gave about installing True Earth addons?

Also please post your issue on a separate post as although it may sound the same as Aerocentres issue, the cause may be different.

Hi Thanks for the reply, I have managed to fix the problem, by deleting the Orbx library file from my C: Drive and setting downloader to d: drive where I have space, however  x plane is still on C: drive. I think this is a Orbx Central problem, as I’ve had no problems with other Orbx scenery or airports.

44 minutes ago, A.Dale said:

Hi Thanks for the reply, I have managed to fix the problem, by deleting the Orbx library file from my C: Drive and setting downloader to d: drive where I have space, however  x plane is still on C: drive. I think this is a Orbx Central problem, as I’ve had no problems with other Orbx scenery or airports.

What aspect of the initial lack of free space is related to Orbx Central? I don't understand. To resolve your initial problem you correctly moved your Temp folder for downloads to a larger capacity drive and it worked. I don't see how that is related to a "problem" with Orbx Central. It would appear that Orbx Central performed  correctly by not trying to install your addon due to a lack of required free space.

3 hours ago, A.Dale said:

Hi

I understand what you are saying, but I have a question, why did FTX Central(old version) install TE GB Central and North using exactly the same format, without a hitch?

I understand your question but have no answer to give as it is not in my realm of knowledge.

I suggest maybe you could post your query in the Orbx Central support form and address it to @Mitchell Williamson

• 4 weeks later...

Archived