Custom Scenery .ini Question

When I look into the XP11 Log file, I always find a section "I found the following scenery packages (prioritized in this order)"

But, when I go into Custom Scenery file and open "scenery packs" there at the bottom, I find an entirely different ordering of my packs. The one contained in the Sim Log file is a Read-Only file of 443GB.  This file also contains newly added scenery, but, it is not in the order that I had created.   The one contained in Custom Scenery folder is a Notepad file of 9.31 KB. This file, however, contains the scenery packs in the order that I created, but, new scenery recently downloaded (and active in the sim), is not found there. 

My problem with this is that after downloading the new scenery, and launching XP, I attempted to to go in to scenery .ini to order the new additions, and they were not listed. 

Am I losing my mind??

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Strange.

I suggest that you delete your XP Log file and also delete your scenery_packs.ini file., XP will rewrite both.

Reboot PC and then run a flight in XP and after the flight is finished attach both the new files for me to take a look at.

2 hours ago, kapenaalex said:

I attached the .ini file that was located in X-Plane>Custom Scenery and referenced as a "configuration settings" file.

Attached are the two newly created files as you requested. I hope this will help.

Also on this particular flight, KFAT was barren of all scenery. It was always present before this.

Thanks -

Log.txt 103.19 kB · 0 downloads scenery_packs.ini 9.26 kB · 0 downloads

Do you use some kind of organiser for your scenery packs? It is I am afraid completely wrong in its layering. You have a whole load of 3rd party airports layered below Global Airports. mesh files above the True Earth addons etc. This will mask or obscure many sceneries. You also have several additional scenery for California like California-Nevada MeshXP, Los AngelesXP etc which may well clash with Orbx SoCal and NorCal.

I have arranged the scenery_packs.ini as best i can for you but bear in mind that you do have some addons that potentiall clash with Orbx addons. I know that the Allan Burrows scenery affects one of the TE addons but I don't recall which one. I suggest you do a Google type search regarding that . 

scenery_packs.ini

On 7/18/2020 at 7:03 AM, kapenaalex said:

When I look into the XP11 Log file, I always find a section "I found the following scenery packages (prioritized in this order)"

But, when I go into Custom Scenery file and open "scenery packs" there at the bottom, I find an entirely different ordering of my packs. The one contained in the Sim Log file is a Read-Only file of 443GB.  This file also contains newly added scenery, but, it is not in the order that I had created.   The one contained in Custom Scenery folder is a Notepad file of 9.31 KB. This file, however, contains the scenery packs in the order that I created, but, new scenery recently downloaded (and active in the sim), is not found there. 

My problem with this is that after downloading the new scenery, and launching XP, I attempted to to go in to scenery .ini to order the new additions, and they were not listed. 

Am I losing my mind??

Jon - I deleted X-Organizer after our last discussion.  The problem you describe is exactly why I messaged you a week ago, and you requested I post it here in the support forum.  I am confused as to which of the 2 .ini files is the one I should be manually ordering.  I have been ordering the file that is saved to the Notebook, which I access from Windows.  The .ini file within the Custom Scenery folder does not look anything like the one that I ordered myself. Am I supposed to be ordering/editing the file actually in the X-Plane folder? If so that's why it's all screwed up. Why does a "dummy" version remain in the Notebook application? This forum doesn't seem to let me attach a file from the Notebook that is not in the X-Plane folder.scenery_packs x.txt

There! I copied it from Documents.  This is the .ini file I work with which I think is well ordered.  Could this be copied over to the .ini file inside Custom Scenery?

4 hours ago, kapenaalex said:

Jon - I deleted X-Organizer after our last discussion.  The problem you describe is exactly why I messaged you a week ago, and you requested I post it here in the support forum.  I am confused as to which of the 2 .ini files is the one I should be manually ordering.  I have been ordering the file that is saved to the Notebook, which I access from Windows.  The .ini file within the Custom Scenery folder does not look anything like the one that I ordered myself. Am I supposed to be ordering/editing the file actually in the X-Plane folder? If so that's why it's all screwed up. Why does a "dummy" version remain in the Notebook application? This forum doesn't seem to let me attach a file from the Notebook that is not in the X-Plane folder.scenery_packs x.txt

There! I copied it from Documents.  This is the .ini file I work with which I think is well ordered.  Could this be copied over to the .ini file inside Custom Scenery?

I am getting confused. I sent as an attachment a revised scenery_packs.ini for you to drop into the Custom Scenery folder so there shouldn't be any need for you to manually changing anything. The working copy of a scenery-Packs.ini is the one marked as .cfg in your Custom Scenery folder.

To attach it you just drag from the Custom Scenery folder to the "Drag files here to attach" option at the bottom of your post. Doing that doesn't remove it from your Custom Scenery folder it just makes a copy of it as an attachment. No need for Notebook copy etc.

I attach a pic of the one you should be seeing. It is the one with a gear wheel 

1.JPG.729c21119688dd2f414a300030bddaaa.JPG

The attached .ini is one that I just revised, and I am hoping for your input.  This copy has been expanded and includes section headings and a few ?????? areas for items I was unsure of.

I assume the sim would fail if I were to forget to delete the extra spaces and notations, but I'll try leaving it as is until I hear back from you.

Thanks-

scenery_packs.ini

Hi. You are definitely over complicating things by manually adjusting the scenery_packs:)

I have adjusted the .ini you attached and suggest you leave it alone. The structure you made in it was not conducive to how the Orbx addons are designed to work.

ALL the Orbx addon files for True Earth series need to be together in the A,B,C sequence, not separated with for example the Orthos file way down the bottom half of the .ini as you would with ortho4xp.

The basic thing to remember is that Orbx addons tend to have letter prefixes like A,B & C and are meant to be grouped together in the .ini. ALL True Earth addons need to be in ABC sequence directly under Global Airports. ALL Orbx airports are also prefixed up to AB & C where applicable and again grouped together ABOVE Global Airports. There are a couple of exceptions where the Orbx addon airport has a mesh but they are usually prefixed with zzz.

Here is the revised copy of your latest submitted scenry_packs.ini.

I am only here to deal with Orbx addons in XP as I know you understand and I feel that I have now completed as much a s I can regarding Orbx addons in your XP installation. 

scenery_packs.ini

Ok, but please give me the step by step procedure to copy your ini from this forum thread, into my Custom scenery folder.  I realize that this is very basic, but not all of us have as detailed an understanding of Windows protocols as others. Then I promise to leave you alone.

2 hours ago, kapenaalex said:

Ok, but please give me the step by step procedure to copy your ini from this forum thread, into my Custom scenery folder.  I realize that this is very basic, but not all of us have as detailed an understanding of Windows protocols as others. Then I promise to leave you alone.

Just drag or cut and paste the .ini I attached into your Custom Scenery folder. It will ask if you want to replace the existing one and you say yes. That is it. It is exactly the same process as you did to drag and drop your scenery packs.ini in your last post but one.

Archived