Fix for files failed to download on Mac?

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Mac

Simulator:  XP11

Screenshot:  431155801_Screenshot2020-07-15at13_23_21.thumb.png.6f00fd65efe88a2f8e5a34018a843f4b.png

Issue:  

I am having a problem finalising download of Orbx Libraries, GB North, Central and South.  For each I get the following errors messages:

Libraries - 19 files failed to download

GB North - 295 files failed to download

GB Central - 231 files failed to download

GB South - 380 files failed to download

For each I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but the same error is generated.  I then try to fix by 'verify files' but the same error message.

I'm running XP11 on a MacBook Pro 2019 and storing XP11 files on the iCloud Drive to free up processing speed on the laptop.

Can you let me know what I need to do to fix this please?

Cheers,

Andy

X-Plane Installer Log.txt

Hi Andy,

Can you please send us your Central log file per the instructions in your post?

You can find that here: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log

Alternatively, Settings -> Help -> Open Log, then attach that file to a post here.

58 minutes ago, AJ 2018 said:

I'm running XP11 on a MacBook Pro 2019 and storing XP11 files on the iCloud Drive to free up processing speed on the laptop.

I'm slightly confused by this (it may be the cause of the issue you're experiencing). The files will still need to be on your laptop for X-Plane and Central to see them.

Can you explain in more detail how you have this setup?

Hi Ben,

Hopefully the central log file is now attached?

My set up is as follows:

Mac book - Documents/temp/octemp/chunks

iCloud Drive - Desktop/Xplane11

I also have a NAS back up storage drive where I had set up the 'My library' in Orbx Central

This is setup is to try and minimise file storage on MacBook hard drive where possible.

Hope this helps?

Cheers,

Andy

Orbx Central log 150720.docx

Hi Andy,

These are the errors you're receiving:

2020-07-15T12:20:40.541Z [ERROR] [Central::LibraryService] - Library integrity check failed for Library My Library (/Volumes/video). Error: Library path does not exist.

2020-07-15T12:21:00.075Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Retry Limit reached when attempting to download chunk 87418732-b236-4b40-bd5d-e95cbb631366. Access to the path '/Volumes/video/octemp/chunks' is denied.

This path does not seem to be writeable: /Volumes/video.

Having your scenery stored on your NAS will result in extremely poor loading times, and is not something we would recommend.

Archived