True Earth Northern California HD won't load

lerche

Hello

I've installed True Earth Northern California HD, but for some reason the simulator just loads the default x-plane 11 scenery. I've previously had the SD version installed, but have upgraded to HD. I've tried  done a complete redownload and reinstall from central. No effect. My other Orbx scenery loads with no problems.

I've attached log file and scenery_packs.ini.

Could you help me please?

/Christian Lerche

central.log scenery_packs.ini

Welcome.

Nothing to do with your current problem but you have many listings for LOWI Demo in your scenery packs. Please open ypur Custom Scenery folder and delete all but one copy.

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/

Regarding your NoCal installation, I assume you used Orbx central to uninstall the SD version first?

The HD version is much larger than the SD version and requires much more free disk space on the disk that holds your Temp folder. 

Please tell me where your Temp folder is located (by default in Windows it is on the C drive) and how much free space you have on that disk.

I also suggest you Clear the Temp folder and also remove any Backup copy you may have of NoCal. The pic below shows you where and how to do those things.

Once I have the information I need from you and you have done what i requested, we can then try a new installation but only AFTER i give the go ahead as we may need to move the Temp folder to a larger disk.

I will check your reply later today as i am offline in a moment. Thanks

Thanks for your reply

My temp folder is located on C:\Users\clerc\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\temp. The drive has 201 GB free space. I could set it to another drive with more space. My E-drive has 690 GB free space. I have cleared the temp and backup folders now. Yes, I did use central to uninstall NoCal, although initially I got some error messages. I only see one folder with LOWI demo in custom scenery. Please see attached picture.

Thanks for your help :) 

screenshot.JPG

@lerche

OK then please move your Temp folder to the drive with 650GB free space.

If you look at the product info on Orbx Direct for NorCal it states that there is a requirement for 300GB of free space prior to install and you only have 201GB.

Uninstall the partial current installation via Orbx Central, move your Temp folder, reboot PC and then using Orbx Central, reinstall NorCal HD.

Capture.thumb.JPG.6ed32a47a8fbd45ab0aa165fc1a1ed9a.JPG

Hello Jon

Thanks for your help. I'm running the installer now. I was not aware that the 300 GB had to be available on the temp drive. I only thought about the Orbx library drive. And I did not get any errors during the install. I hope your suggestion will work and I'll let you know asap.

8 minutes ago, lerche said:

Hello Jon

Thanks for your help. I'm running the installer now. I was not aware that the 300 GB had to be available on the temp drive. I only thought about the Orbx library drive. And I did not get any errors during the install. I hope your suggestion will work and I'll let you know asap.

Good luck!!

Unfortunately it NorCal still doesn't load. I've attached a screenshot taken from overhead Fresno KFAT. Can you confirm that the scenery is not Orbx? It doesn't look like any of the other Orbx sceneries that I have installed.

screenshot.JPG

I managed to solve the problem! It seemed a shortcut in the custom scenery folder was pointing to an empty folder from the old installation of Norcal SD. Deleted the shortcut and everything works now. Thank you very much, you can close the case :)

Archived