P3D error message at startup

Hello, i run P3D V5 with the latest HF2. Before and under HF1 an error messages appears always P3D was starting (see attached picture). After click the OK button, the message disappears and the Sim runs as it should. At this time, i was not shure which of my addons causes the message. Now after a completed fresh reinstall with HF2 and many starts of the sim after each addon-installation process it is clear. One of the Orbx addons causes the error message. For your info: I made also a complete reinstall process of your addons with the steps 1. filecheck for each addon, 2. set the right entry points and 3. run simulator synch at the end. The error message seems to be a rare thing. My first search attempts on the internet and the Orbx forums has no results. Further, it depends probably not with one of your sceneries, i have never seen before such an error message. It looks like a comparable factor within one of the cfg files? Could you in mind for further assistance to identify the reason of this behavior and, i will be patience :-) I know P3D V5 is a new sim in many ways. Thanks lot for reply and regards, Claus-Peter

error.jpg

Hello, i am aware of it. It is a strange message since the Orbx addons are installed. But your question was right. :)

I started to deacitvated all the entries within the exe.xml, addons.cfg and dll.xml that i found one by one and surprise, none of them* causes the error message. After many, many attempts of deactivating/activating all of my addon entries i have been found that my addons effects folder was interfering. For your background: That folder is a effects collection folder outside of the P3D root folder. Now, i started to try out which of the files (or some) causes the message. I found under more than 10.000 files and some grey hairs more the right one (see attached file).

I have no idea how it depends with the Orbx installation but it is probably a file of an older Orbx installation because all of my effects files was saved out of the P3D V4.5 folder before. Altough i have deleted all files with an Orbx/ftx part, it is might be possible not all Orbx effects files have such a marker. And, in my opinion, any compare routine runs behind und found a corrupted or outdated file i think.

* SODE / FSUIPC / Gaya Sim LGKO (effects and scripts) / XMLTools64 / ACEtool / Terra flora 2 / Objectflow / Orbx library

fx_CampFire_3.fx

Archived