Autogen Question

rjbrown7

Hi - I am itching to get your scenery but my computer is only able to display scenery at the normal level and any autogen really kills the frames.  I plan on upgrading but it may not be for another 6 months.  How will the scenery experience suffer with no autogen and scenery at normal in rural areas.  Will I see any buildings or trees at all? 

Thanks Roy

PS I do have the freeware airports and for instance Lilydale is still very nice at my settings but I am not sure this would hold true for all of Blue

You'll still see building and trees in quite a lot of detail with autogen turned off, but just not as 3D objects. If you like what you see at YLIL without autogen, then the FTX textures have more detail and are higher resolution than those.  From about 1000FT AGL it will be quite nice to fly over.

Thanks John for the quick answer.  If anyone has time it would be great to see a comparison at lets say 500 ft and 1000 ft with autogen off and all the way up. with Scenery density at Normal.  irregardless I will be purchasing the scenery as soon as I can.  I am a big fan of slow and low with GA and your scenery is just fantastic. 

Roy

Autogen off normal density at 1400' (I've edited my autogen to 2600 buildings and 2600 trees in fsx.cfg by the way)I'm always playing with that setting.

Posted Image

Autogen full normal density same shot

Posted Image

couple more from top down 6700'

autogen off

Posted Image

autogen full

Posted Image

Hope this helps you,

Dave

Archived