Free SAM download, on Orbx central, cause of all the problems with scenery-packs-ini , dysfunctions.

After a lot of trials and tribulations as to the cause of some of my custom scenery not showing, or multiple disordered showing, in my scenery pack.ini. I finally traced its cause to be due to the installation of the free SAM installation offered on my Orbx central downloads.

All is well and order is restored when I uninstall SAM, not only by uninstalling it from my Orbx central but must also delete SAM library from custom scenery folder and its associated tow folders in Resources/plugging folder [Autogate and SAM]

I suggest then that you ignore and remove the Orbx offering of SAM and install the SAM developers copy. Please note that SAM is not an Orbx library but developed by someone else and is only included in downloads for a couple of Orbx airports to allow the moving Jetways to operate. The SAM jetways operation is a superior alternative to AutoGate., That

2 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I suggest then that you ignore and remove the Orbx offering of SAM and install the SAM developers copy. Please note that SAM is not an Orbx library but developed by someone else and is only included in downloads for a couple of Orbx airports to allow the moving Jetways to operate. The SAM jetways operation is a superior alternative to AutoGate., That

Hello Jon.

I suggest that the Orbx free offering of SAM on Orbx central should  include a warning about installing it. It only causes problems and does not function anyway as there is no serial provided to activate it.

I personally have not tried the pay ware  one, does any one know whether it is worth having and be able to see some animated peoples and objects.

A link to pay ware functioning and safe SAM would be appreciated if there is one ?

30 minutes ago, DR Monir Geadah said:

Hello Jon.

I suggest that the Orbx free offering of SAM on Orbx central should  include a warning about installing it. It only causes problems and does not function anyway as there is no serial provided to activate it.

I personally have not tried the pay ware  one, does any one know whether it is worth having and be able to see some animated peoples and objects.

A link to pay ware functioning and safe SAM would be appreciated if there is one ?

I don't understand what you are referring to. SAM works and was only included as an Orbx accompaniment to allow moving jetways to work. That's its sole function. There is no activation required at all. It works as designed for its limited function in EGPH and Leeds/Bradford. Have you tried it?

It does not cause issues except on occasions there maybe a double entry in the scenery_packs.ini which is not adversely affecting its or other addons.

I suggest if you don't want moving jetways at those 2 Orbx airports that you uninstall SAM.

There is also a free version of SAM which you can Google as I am unsure of its site. I use v2.07

I have SAM installed on 3 installations of XP and it never influences or changes my scenery_packs.ini layering sequence nor does cause any scenery not to appear.

There is something awry in your addons set up. Do you use X-Organiser or similar at all?

Hello Jon.

I do not use X-Organiser or similar at all.

I have four Orbx airports scenery addon, Edinburgh , Cardiff , London EGLC and Shoreham airport.

they only show moving windmills with or without SAM installation. Other, Free versions of SAM also cause double entries in scenery-packs.ini.

Do not worry Jon, I can live without SAM being installed.

Regards and best wishes

No news yet about Tony's well being or his SoCal update. I hope that is all well with him.

Monir

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the exact same issue with SAM messing up scenery_pack.ini which was resolved by removing SAM from the plugins and custom scenery folder.

The SAM version 2.04 on the .org site is now a legacy product and has been superceded by SAM Suite. However, there appears to be quite a few people having the same issues with the newer version as well.

Speaking purely from an Orbx point of view unless you need SAM for the use of jetways at Edinburgh or Leeds/Bradford then SAM serves no purpose for running Orbx addons in XP. Obviously SAM is important to some outside of Orbx.

Archived