Trees On Taxiways

For some time now I have been bothered by trees on taxiways at regional airports.  I have unstalled most all my Orbx sceneries and finally uninstalled Global Airport Pack and BINGO, the trees were gone!

I reinstalled the GAPack and BINGO, the trees were back!  How do I get rid of trees on taxiways shy of leaving the airport pack uninstalled. Running P3D v4.5HFixed. 

Thanks,

these Orbx airport versions seem to be in the following products:

CYZF: Global freeware pack

CYXX and CYQQ: PNW

KHLN: CRM

If your products are installed into the P3D folder, would you attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file please?

Hello,

without knowing which Orbx products you are using, constructive advice will be difficult to provide.

If your products are installed into the P3D folder, would you attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file please?

Thanks.

Here is my file, however, most of my Orbx sceneries have been migrated to the library.  Also am attaching a screen shot of my Library and P3DOrbx folders. Seem to be repeats for several of them. Not sure if that should be the case.  Orbx Central indicates that the Airport Pack is not installed however, it is showing in my Library.  Should it ? Couldn't get the Config folder to attach so have sent the contents.  I think you should know this has been a long standing problem and has not arisen during the migration process.

Hope this helps.

cac8-config.json cag8-config.json cax6-config.json ftxglobal-demo-config.json global-base-add-on.xml global-trees-add-on.xml orbxlibs-add-on.xml pfj-config.json

Hello,

please revisit the Orbx Central Insertion point page and set your Airports and Regions to below CA1E_bathy

and the open LC entries to below Airports and Regions.

Wait until the blue banner turns green.

You will then have the Open LC entries under the Orbx airports and there should no longer be trees on them.

There is however, the proviso that you appear to have cherry picked parts of open LC Eurpoe and mixed them

with UTX, for which there is no support here.

As an aside, these two pairs of entries have the same layer, which cannot be.

[Area.243]
Title=Mega Airport Helsinki
Local=C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Helsinki
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=271

[Area.271]
Title=PortoSantoXEvolution
Local=Ecosystem\aerosoft\PortoSantoXEvolution
Active=TRUE
Layer=271
Required=FALSE

[Area.244]
Title=Vaeroy
Local=C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft\Vaeroy
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=272

[Area.272]
Title=MadeiraXEvolution
Local=Ecosystem\aerosoft\MadeiraXEvolution
Active=TRUE
Layer=272
Required=FALSE

I shall do so.  In the meantime, we seem to have a communication gap between us since I am totally ignorant of the meaning or inference of the term "cherry picking".  I am not sure I can respond to that comment without knowing what it it is.  Could you please enlighten me.

Thank you,

R.

Hello,

in short and in this context, "cherry picking" is intended to mean picking parts but not the whole.

This scenery library configuration seems to show that you have installed openLC Europe;

1.jpg

but not Orbx Global Base, as there are necessary scenery library entries missing, as well as

the block being in the wrong place in the scenery library.

Orbx openLC is an accessory to Orbx Global base and does not work as intended without it.

However, I think that if you amend your scenery library as suggested, you will probably no

longer see trees on the taxiways.

If I have seemingly "cherry picked" I have no idea how I might have done so.  Therefore, I have uninstalled the European LC and reinstalled it in hopes of fixing that issue.

In the meantime, as you can see from the attached screenshot, I adjusted the insertion point for Global LC; the Airport Pack I had already set below CA1E Bathy to avoid a conflict with that.  However, unfortunately, I still have trees on my taxiway at CYZF and CYQQ.OrvxCYZF.thumb.png.a0771e996b2a806f33db2509c0ddb33c.png

Hello,

thanks.

your scenery library now seems not to have any entries for Global base or openLC.

It also does not seem to have the Orbx Libraries and has a bespoke location for Orbx LOWI.

It might be as well to disable all of your other addons and see how your airports then look.

Disabled ALL of my many airport sceneries, all 76 of them,to now avail.  Re abled them and now am getting scener.cfg errors....Trees still there.

Regarding Missing Global Vas and Open LC and Libraries, I can only assume the problem is at your end since I am only using your Central installers with no modification nor interference.

Apparently IT is not installing properly from what I see here.

Since you indicated that,"

your scenery library now seems not to have any entries for Global base or openLC.

It also does not seem to have the Orbx Libraries"

I uninstalled all my Global,NALClass, PNW and all west sceneries.  I also took all files out of the Orbx folder in P3D.  The trees were gone!

I reinstalled(in Orbx Library Folder), Global Base, NALand Class, PNW then all the western Orbx sceries and the trees are back.  Am attaching an updated .cfg file along with a screen shot of my Library and P3D scenery folders.  And to confirm, a shot of trees at CYQQ.  Hope this is of some assistance.

Ray

OrbxLibrary-P3DLibrary.png

2020-7-6_11-34-57-90.jpg

scenery.cfg

....and in an attempt to narrow the problem down, I uninstalled the Airport Pack and opened CYZF and the trees were gone.  However, when I moved to CYQQ the trees are still there.  I wonder if the fact that CYZF is outside the range of the Orbex PNW sceneries and CYQQ is in the midst of it might be a factor??

Here's hoping!

Good Day Sir:

Since it has been a week since your last post, I am left wondering if I have said or done something to cause you to stop trying to help me resolve my issue. 

Following your last response, I have two submitted two additional posts in an attempt to get some idea where the issue is and have had no response.  I must ask, and this is in no way intended to be sarcastic or rude, if your non response should be taken as an indication that you have decided to leave me on my own to resolve this from here on??  I would just like to know where I stand.

Thank you.

R.

Hello,

I am sorry that you are upset.

I cannot replicate the trees at CYZF, which seems to be a part of the Global freeware pack,

despite deliberately moving it to various incorrect places in the scenery library.

Having said that, all of my scenery is installed into the P3D v4 folder, I don't know if that

makes any difference, as I cannot have both types of installation.

I also do not see trees on CYQQ, which is part of PNW.

Does the problem go away if you disable your open LC products?

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately, the problem does not go away when I uninstall Open LC NA.  Also, unfortunately, I do see trees at both CYQQ and CYZF. 

Should, at some point, someone at Orbx find out what is causing this for me and the others who have posted the same issue, please let me know.

"Nuff said.

R

Archived