Orbx TrueEarth Scotland Scenery - Missing Airport Buildings

MattPro

I have recently installed Orbx TrueEarth Scotland and want to report suspected missing scenery.

Flights from airports such as; Inverness (EGPE), Kinloss (EGQK), Lossiemouth (EGQS), Sumburgh (EGPB), Edinburgh (EGPH) and so on, seem to be missing any form of ground scenery modelling. I was expecting to see some hangers, air traffic control towers etc. The default X-Plane 11 scenery for these airports is spot on with ground models! I am a bit disappointed, I have done some research but to my knowledge I am not missing any settings. I have verified both files in Orbx Central and on Steam with no problems. My scenery pack is also attached. I was kind of hoping that most airports would have the building, maybe I am wrong?

I have attached my settings, images of the airports. I can confirm this is the same in both v11.41 and v11.50b with Vulkan and OpenGl. In and out of VR. You can see that the surround area is totally fine, just the airport has nothing. Even civil airports you can see where things are meant to be, just not there? I have tried fresh installs and restarting the game, computer etc. Nothing seems to work.

My system specs:

Ryzen 5 3600 OC'd,

Asus ROG B450-F Motherboard,

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super,

32GB DDR4 RAM at 3200Mhz (Corsair Vengence RGB),

Samsung 850 Evo, WD Blue M.2, Toshiba 1TB HDD. Xplane is on the HDD, DCS takes up my SSD.

Frames wise it is running fine, even in VR!

Thanks!

jums5qh.pngDRhKfY8.pngETC3UCm.pngqxjjr90.pngrdZmUJF.pngyI510u3.pngbhdwgfX.png

5 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I need you to attach a copy of your scenery_packs.ini as your layering is all wrong and you will not see any buildings in the way it is layered at present.

Attach it, not a pic, and I will put it right for you.

Hi Jon,

I would really appreciate that. I messed around a bit, taking the global airports list to the top but still no Orbx scenery.

scenery_packs.ini

7 hours ago, MattPro said:

Hi Jon,

I would really appreciate that. I messed around a bit, taking the global airports list to the top but still no Orbx scenery.

scenery_packs.ini 1.47 kB · 3 downloads

Your attached scenery_packs looks very different from the one you made a pic of in your 1st post and caused me to comment about incorrect layering.

You have several duplicated entries for files which need to be removed from your Custom Scenery folder.

3 entries for OrbxLibs

Double entries for Landmarks.

Please delete the excess copies.

I have relayered your .ini for you having removed the duplicate entries mentioned above. You must delet them from the Custom Scenery folder otherwise they will just appear again in the .ini.

TEGB North, like the other TEGB and TE USA addons do not contain any Orbx airports as you may be aware of. They are all default Laminar XP Gateway default airports.You say that those airports appear OK when using default scenery, so there must be some missing content in regards the Custom and Overlay files of TEGB North installation.

What size are your TEGB Custom and Overlay (x2) fies?

They should be:

Custom= Size on Disk: 2.75GB 1281 files 36 folders

Overlay1=Size on Disk: 656MB 2349 files 75 folders

Overlay2=Size on disk: 3.45MB 3 files 2 folders.

Please confirm the sizes of those folders match my figures.

If you still don't get buildings showing like you do wioth default scenery, then i want you to open Orbx Central/settings/downloader and choose the Clear option for you Temp folder and delete any backup copy of TEGB North that you have. The reason is that if you Verify Files it will read from any backup copy you have and that copy maybe corrupted.

The pick I attach below shows you the location of the Clear Temp folder option and the location of any backup copies you may have if that option to make backup copies is enabled.

Also please attach a copy of your XP log files

scenery_packs.ini

1.thumb.JPG.5c3fd440e21c14708d4b3857e2bfc261.JPG

Archived