Brad's Jay Kae's Last Resort

ba43

Taking a trip from Asplund Field (0WA5) to Jay Kae's Last Resort. I made this destination just to say thanks to Jay Kae for all the hard work you do. This one's for you mate and thanks again for hosting these files of mine on OZx.

Hope you enjoy it.  ;)

Departing Asplund field.

Posted Image

Approaching Alder Dam

Posted Image

Flying over Alder Dam

Posted Image

Alder Lake and the cove where Jay Kae's Last Resort is located.

Posted Image

Passing overhead

Posted Image

Final approach to the open field landing area at Jay Kae's Last Resort.

Posted Image

Map with flight plan information.

Posted Image

Hello ba43,

I downloaded the Jay Kae' Last Resort and installed.

I had to disable UTX and SceneryTech LC NA in order to get the water.

I am getting the waterfalls, however, I am not getting the "Lodge" or "Airstrip" with markers.

I also run GEXn NA which has worked pretty well with NA Blue -

Any Ideas?

Thanks for the wonderful shots.

cthiggin

CTHiggin,

No idea on how to troubleshoot that issue.

I recommend that these areas I create ONLY be used with FTX NA Blue. No other mesh should be active other than the Holger mesh that comes with FTX NA Blue. FSX default scenery is disabled and North America is active using the FTX configuration tool. Make sure you have the FTX North America scenery activated.

Wish I could help you out with this but unless you ONLY use the FTX NA Blue package, I won't be able to duplicate the problems you're having.

Brad

CTHiggin,

Please take a look at the forum rules about including your ORBX FTX NA Blue order number in your signature for all your posts in the ORBX forums. You will need to do this before anybody here will acknowledge your messages and give you any support you might need in the future.

I'm not affiliated with ORBX but know that this is a requirement for posting here if you have any issues concerning ORBX FTX packages.

Also, please send any further requests for help with my addon's to my email address which you can find in the readme.txt file included in my zip file. This forum is not the venue where you should ask for support with my files.

Thanks,

Brad

Thanks Brad for the newest scenery.  I was just getting one of Anthony's Moths out of the paint shop when I read about the JayKae resort being open for business.  I knew JayKae was too busy with the new airport release so I decided to drop in.  Very scenic part of the country.  But, I was checking into cabin #2 and I almost dropped my socks when I saw who was setting on the porch of cabin #3.  It was Elvis, eating a banana and peanut butter sandwich.  I almost couldn't believe my eyes until he offered to share it with me.  Wierd but tasty.

We ended up fishing until sundown.  Caught a whole string of kokanee.  I had never even heard of this fish before.  Elvis snagged a real nice rainbow trout, about 4 pounds.  For some reason, he wouldn't let me take any pictures.  Only picture I got at all was at the landing strip - see below.

Elvis said he has been coming to Pierce County to fish the Eatonville area for 40 or more years.  Don't tell anyone but, he is really getting old.

Thanks again.  Sure glad JayKae had to work.

RayM

\

Posted Image

Tailgunner,

The 3D map I use for the flight plan image is done using Plan G. I set up a plan from a nearby airport to the scenery area I made, then just capture a screen shot with FSScreen.

I then add the text to the .jpg image giving details on headings, distances, etc.

That's it.

Plan G is a great tool for flight sim planning. Best of all, it's free!! Check it out: www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Brad

Archived