Oops, I thought this was a runway...!

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

Posted Image

I actually landed on this spot in the C182RG II, but since you could hardly see it from here, I switched to the Airbus for this picture... ;D

Cool, mate.

It reminds me - I live in Sydney and that shot looks a little like Barangaroo (on the eastern corner after The Bridge and before Darling Harbour).  I've often looked at that area and thought to myself "That should be developed into a metro airport like London City Airport".

Anybody else had the same thoughts?

Cheers,

Cool, mate.

It reminds me - I live in Sydney and that shot looks a little like Barangaroo (on the eastern corner after The Bridge and before Darling Harbour).  I've often looked at that area and thought to myself "That should be developed into a metro airport like London City Airport".

Anybody else had the same thoughts?

Cheers,

That is an interesting idea, but I would far prefer for it to become a business and entertainment quarter, on par with the best in the world. I'm thinking clubs, shopping, an array of my favourite restaurants (Rainforest Cafe, Tony Romas, Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood anyone?) and of course, parkland and office space.

I just don't think Sydney is ready for a small airport like that when we have Kingsford Smith so close by.

Archived