ESSA double VDGS

WHY oh why ...?

I've selected the SODE VDGS version in settings ... it's double

Had to uninstall reinstall ESSA because of flickering roofs ... it's still double

Saw a forum post suggesting: "Head to FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery-folder and change ESSA_LIB_PLC_Extras_Guidance.bgl to .off "... and once again, it's still double

Any suggestions, recommendations, fix, tweak, or alternative ...?

ESSA_double.jpg

Hey,

If you set the following files to off:

ESSA_2020_LIB_VGDS_Default.off

ESSA_2020_LIB_VGDS_SODE.off

ESSA_LIB_PLC_Extras_Guidance.off

What do you see then? That is all files in the ESSA-folder that has anything to do with the VDGS.

The rest is SODE, so if there are still double ones then we should probably troubleshoot that installation.

Cheers,

Marcus

22 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Another customer had the same issue as you, please check his thread:

That's the one I'm referring to who suggested to turn that one file '.off' ... will try your above mentioned files and see what happens.

Thanks for the response. 

:)

24 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

However he solved is issue as he had duplicate ESSA vdgs files in the sode folder, might be worth having a look at for you as well.

I've disabled all the files you've suggested and still double VDGS boxes. Only the left one works ... don't mind the ERROR because I suspect it's because Maule is parked in front of it.

I've checked in the SODE folder [c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\orbx_essa\] and everything seems to be what and where it should with the Model.Gate* folders.

In the c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ folder are two files - ORBX_ESSA_SODE.xml and ORBX_ESSA_VDGS.xml 

I don't think I should rename these ....??

ESSA_double.jpg

Have you ever added any files for ESSA that was not part of our package?

Like downloaded additional gsx-files or something like that? Any SODE-updates etc?

Because now you have removed all files we have added that adds VDGS so weird that there still is double otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Have you ever added any files for ESSA that was not part of our package?

Nope ...

And I've made sure there are no ESSA files in **AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\

The only two are in c:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Orbx\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_AA_ESSA\Scenery\

They are essa-gsx.ini and essa-gsx-statics.ini respectively.

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Ok right now i have got no clue. Lets give it a couple of days, maybe there are more cases popping up and we can understand the source of the issue. Sounds ok?

Good news ... it has been fixed.

I've uninstalled ESSA and deleted every single trace of an ESSA file on my hard drive including everything in SODE

Restart computer and reinstalled and voilà  ...

Thank you for your patience and help.

ESSA_fixed.jpg

Archived