Murray Island ymui

quick heads up in Aus V2 (ie click config with Aus 2 ticked) the default start posn is in the trees not on the runway. So if you do a goto YMUI it plonks you down on a hill in amongst the trees  as against being on the runway.  If you don't tick Aus 2  the elevation is all wrong but you are at the runway TO position :-)  Apart from that it all works ok.

Brian

Hi Graham,

Hmm... Interesting but it is showing as YMUI, I'll try the YMAE when I get a chance... but still the actual issue remains the goto sticks you in the boonies.

Brian

I have the same issue in P3Dv5. I have run verify files for both YMUI and Australia v2. Australia v2 is checked in the config for YMUI.  There is no YMAE listed.

Searching for airports--you get both

image.thumb.png.e7a33daee791e2c7bbbb38b683e48d4a.png

image.thumb.png.6daa619eae21037ba1c343078a5120af.png

Thanks

Charles

Both YMAE and YMUI show up on V5 and yes the config is clicked for Aus2 (as I said earlier) both refer to the same location the only difference being that if you goto YMAE it puts you on the Runway (32?) but with YMUI it put you about 100 metres left of the same location which is in the trees. Now it is a fact that YMAE is now the ICAO designation for Murray Island but that is not what is showing when you download from Orbx for Murray Island rather it is YMUI. In the V5 P3D it offers both YMUI and YMAE/Mer.

Also there is something weird going on 'cos the gps location is also incorrect ie you can be over the runway but the aircraft gps shows well north of the island. So I'd say the reference to YMUI has somehow been ported across as well as the new location. 

Brian

Archived