Checking a HDR... PNW

alan2

I found an Enb hdr download at  Flighsim.com and gave it a go. Also real world weather. Now, I have to say that I have never had skys like this before in Oz, but it would have to be different from Oz . This was on the limit for my puter but very enjoyable scenes. The hdr , sea and clouds were a touch too much performance wise. All I need to do now is tweak something but this hdr looks good. For authenticity these are straight untouched V key shots....took off from Concrete

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Might be easier for me to give you a link below,  comes in two parts -  a .dll and a sort of cfg file that is customisable .  You place both straight into the main fsx folder .  It has the effect of giving the sim more depth by changing the light / shadow and distance shading , so to speak. I havent  as yet got to invoved with altering it much but some of the guys have posted their versions . You can easily swap versions by leaving the .dll in the folder and swap the other file over.

Does that help ?

Its sticky on the "tips and techniques " forum

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=18861.0

Thanks Phil, I might give that a try although I like to have the scenery turned up as high as I can go . Always sitting on a knife edge with sliders.

I do like the way it has given the colours more depth

Guest J van E

The great thing about it is is that I don't notice any FPS hit no matter how high I raise those two values that I mentioned. You can raise the bloom as high as you want with no hit.

Yes, you really should try some more bloom, alan2: to me your screenshots look like default when it comes to the light effect. When I turn ENB off it really looks like someone turned of the lights in my FSX-world!

'Well, I didn't find a "bloom level" but this one sort of fitted I guess , so changed from an existing 50 to a 60

BloomScreenLevelDay=60  //50 

BloomPowerDay=60

Results....ok?  btw no cloud and 30 mile vis set , V key only

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest J van E

Great stuff Alan as per usual.... :)

Where do you tweak these settings

BloomScreenLevelDay=60  //50 

BloomPowerDay=60

In the enbseries.ini that should also be in the FSX folder, together with the d3d9.dll

Yeah John, if you backtrack on this thread and pick up the link I gave to T.G. ... its the story on it , if you missed out on this .

Im not sure if this setting is working as well on my 'puter as compared with Phils on the flat land scenery. Anyways , I am basically very happy with my sim these days . Its never performed better . Probably Textury Flow and a recently acquired O&O 12

Cheers guys  over and out ! :P

I don't know why, but when I downloaded the one from FS.com it chopped my frames in half. When I was using the original GTA one from the ENB site, I never dropped a frame. ???

I got some awesome screens though!

Looks great Alan, just in case here's my settings in the enbseries.ini that I used for that shot with the Twinstar;

[bLOOM]

BloomPowerDay=15

BloomFadeTime=600

BloomConstantDay=3

BloomQuality=0

BloomScreenLevelDay=50

BloomCurveDay=7

BloomPowerNight=1

BloomConstantNight=0 

BloomCurveNight=9

BloomScreenLevelNight=12

BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=80

BloomAdaptationMultiplier=45

BloomAllowOversaturation=1

BloomMaxLimit=60

[colorCORRECTION]

DarkeningAmountDay=19

ScreenLevelDay=60

ScreenLevelNight=14

DarkeningAmountNight=-30

GammaCurveDay=-2

GammaCurveNight=6

ColorSaturationDay=1

ColorSaturationNight=-1

UsePaletteTexture=0

This is in more mountainous terrain heading Northeast out of Forks on the Olympic Peninsula.

Posted Image

Archived