Using external drive with Orbx sceneries on two different computers

Hi there,

I have two different computers - one desktop with X-plane 11 Steam 11.41 installation and a gaming laptop where I have the Laminar digital download of 11.50 b9 Beta. I have downloaded and installed all my Orbx TE sceneries save for Orbx libraries and SAM manager (which are on the desktop Steam drive installation) to external usb-c 3.1 ssd drive and I run them from threre. Everything works flawlessly. What I want to do now is to use the same external ssd to run Orbx sceneries on the laptop. Can I just install Orbx Central on the laptop, download  Orbx libraries and SAM manager to the drive with 11.50 beta installlation and then just scan from within Central for libraries on the external ssd with the TE sceneries so that Orbx Central creates symbolic links for 11.50 laptop installation? Is that the way I should go about it without having to download and  install separate  500gb or so of  sceneries to a different location? I would much appreciate a comment or explanation as I just don't want to mess something up and end up with corrupted Orbx sceneries working on neither pc.

Kindest regards and greetngs from Poland!

Bogumił

Could you not install 11.50 onto the external USB 3 drive and then make shortcuts of the Orbx sceneries you have on that drive and place those shortcuts into the 11.50 Custom Scenery folder? That way you have a totally portable version of XP 11.50 and all the Orbx scenery.

Archived