XP-11 True earth South not loading

14 minutes ago, LapsedRinger said:

I have spent lots of time reading this forum, and have now tried uninstalling and re-installing 3 times, still no joy.

I initially trued the South Demo, no problem. Uninstalled and bought and installed GB South.

Now, I just get the standard XP scenery.

scenery_packs.ini 1.2 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks

malcolm

Log.txt 71.18 kB · 0 downloads

Welcome Malcolm

Is that Log file a complete one? it seems short and not a full one as it doesn't show XP shutting down and no references to loading anything except for a multitude of lua stuff.

1 hour ago, Jon Clarke said:

Welcome Malcolm

Is that Log file a complete one? it seems short and not a full one as it doesn't show XP shutting down and no references to loading anything except for a multitude of lua stuff.

How strange. I've run it again, and here is the log, which is much longer.

Log.txt

Very odd problem. Your log file doesn't indicate any error or notification of missing files etc and shows loading of TEGB South files.

Just do one thing for me. Open your scenery_packs.ini and cut/paste the following:

Cut/paste all the Landmark files except London and place below the TEGB South entries in the scenery_packs. Place the London Landmarks entry directly below Global Airports so it is directly above the TEGB South files.

Check that you have no remnants of the TEGB demo.

Try a flight from Exeter as you may be flying from an airport that is not actually in TEGB South coverage. It may sound silly but I have no indication as to where you are starting a flight from and whether that is in the TEGB South coverage area. Exeter definitely is in that area.

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Very odd problem. Your log file doesn't indicate any error or notification of missing files etc and shows loading of TEGB South files.

Just do one thing for me. Open your scenery_packs.ini and cut/paste the following:

Cut/paste all the Landmark files except London and place below the TEGB South entries in the scenery_packs. Place the London Landmarks entry directly below Global Airports so it is directly above the TEGB South files.

Check that you have no remnants of the TEGB demo.

Try a flight from Exeter as you may be flying from an airport that is not actually in TEGB South coverage. It may sound silly but I have no indication as to where you are starting a flight from and whether that is in the TEGB South coverage area. Exeter definitely is in that area.

No luck still.

How would I ensure I have no remnants of the demo left?

I have never had the Demo so I don't know what files there were I'm afraid.

Where have you installed TEGB South? It could be you have installed it somewhere and made a shortcut or symlink but it is not picking up the actual files.

Attach a pic of your Custom Scenery folder contents.

I will look at it later today as i am off line in amoment

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I have never had the Demo so I don't know what files there were I'm afraid.

Where have you installed TEGB South? It could be you have installed it somewhere and made a shortcut or symlink but it is not picking up the actual files.

Attach a pic of your Custom Scenery folder contents.

I will look at it later today as i am off line in amoment

Attached

Cuastom Scenery folder.png

What size are your TEGB South files? I am getting nowhere in trying to find out the cause of your issue.

I assume you tried a flight from Exeter like I requested you do?

If not where are you flying out of when you get the default scenery showing?

14 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

What size are your TEGB South files? I am getting nowhere in trying to find out the cause of your issue.

14 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Yes, I tried a flight out of Exeter. I had previously been flying out of Lee on Solent, which was fine on the Demo, but has now reverted to generic XPlane.

How do I go about getting a refund on this product? It seems that the only contact details I can find are a link to this forum.

2 hours ago, LapsedRinger said:

Yes, I tried a flight out of Exeter. I had previously been flying out of Lee on Solent, which was fine on the Demo, but has now reverted to generic XPlane.

How do I go about getting a refund on this product? It seems that the only contact details I can find are a link to this forum.

I started from scratch, including fresh install of XP, and it is now working. Nice scenery, but what a palaver!

Thanks for your help

6 hours ago, LapsedRinger said:

I started from scratch, including fresh install of XP, and it is now working. Nice scenery, but what a palaver!

Thanks for your help

Good news. Hopefully now you only have one scenery_packs.ini instead of 4. 

Archived