Refuge Cove Invisible Man?

Hi folks,

I love the Refuge Cove scenery, and have visited it and confirm it is an excellent rendition of the cove. One thing I had noticed (which was not addressed in the last update) is that the Invisible Man seems to be sitting in the orange RIB by the dock, as you can see through his chest. Anyone else get this odd graphics/texture issue with his flotation vest? Running an Nvidia Geoforce RTX2080Ti.

Cheers

Bernie

Invisible Man at refuge Cove 2.jpg

Invisible Man at Refuge Cove.png

Hello, 

I should first mention that all the seaplane bases have been removed from P3D v5 download options.

I have not seen this particular issue with P3D v4 although there are similar ones if you look closely around the area. Animated flags when seen against the background of the large model for example.  In these other cases it's the usual problem of a transparency in front of another transparency.  That is not the case here however; I've just checked the texture used for the fellow; it's DTX1 and does not have an alpha channel.  I have no definitive explanation for this issue, sorry. At least in v5 there seem to be any number of oddities. 

Cheers, 

8 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hello, 

I should first mention that all the seaplane bases have been removed from P3D v5 download options.

I have not seen this particular issue with P3D v4 although there are similar ones if you look closely around the area. Animated flags when seen against the background of the large model for example.  In these other cases it's the usual problem of a transparency in front of another transparency.  That is not the case here however; I've just checked the texture used for the fellow; it's DTX1 and does not have an alpha channel.  I have no definitive explanation for this issue, sorry. At least in v5 there seem to be any number of oddities. 

Cheers, 

Hi Larry, they were indeed removed, but somehow Refuge Cove and Ganges are back as download options in P3Dv5. Only, Nanaimo is sadly missing. I hope they will all be there again, maybe after the next HF for P3Dv5 as they are a true joy to visit.

Archived