How to set which simulator version?

silberz

I have installed two versions of xplane on my hard disk: 11.41 and a new (clean) installation of 11.50 Vulkan.

I had installed Orbx US Southern California into an Orbx library (on my desktop\Orbx) when I was using 11.41. However, I would like now to switch to 11.50.

How can I tell Orbx which simulator I am using, i.e. in which directory it should copy its files? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall all files?

Note that when I tried that with the SAM, it reinstalled itself on xplane 11.41 old version without letting me decide...

Thanks in advance

Welcome.

Open Orbx Central and put your mouse over the area shown in my pic. If you then move your mouse down it will show you the installation location.

I suggest you don't need to do anything other than open the Library that has your TE SoCal folders in it. Make sure you open the folder right up and not just to where it says Custom Scenery, but open it until you see the 3 main folders of Custom, Overlay and Orthos. Make shortcuts for the 3 folders and drop the shortcuts into your 11.50 Custom Scenery folder. 

I am assuming you are also going to keep your 11.40/41 copy as well.

Capture.thumb.JPG.bdb498c7b7cbd0d34be89b5abefad057.JPG

Thanks Jon for your help,

1. here are what the Orbx app states:

'US Southern California HD" is in directory: C:\Users\Max\Desktop\Orbx\xp11\TrueEarth US Southern California HD

'Libraries v1.7.1 is installed in Main Library in  C:\Users\Max\Desktop\Orbx\xp11\Orbx Libraries

'SAM v2.0.7 is installed into X-Plane 11 in C:\Users\Max\DesktopXPlaneVulkan\X-Plane 11

2. I did not find the directories Custom, Overlay and Orthos in the US Southern California HD directory. However, I found these five directories:

Orbx_A_US_SoCal_Airports

Orbx_A_US_SoCal_TE_Custom

Orbx_B_US_SoCal_TE_Overlay

Orbx_C_US_SoCal_TE_Orthos

Orbx_OrbxlibsXP

After a while, shortcuts for these directories appear in directory: C:\Users\Max\DesktopXPlaneVulkan\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery

3. I think it is good, but now I am experiencing a weird side effect: several waypoints around LAX (VPLSR, VPLHP, VPLMS) are no longer recognized by the base 530GNS in XPlane.

Do you know if there is some kind of incompatibility between XPlane Vulkan 11.50 and Orbx ?

4. (While at it) I just want to let you know that last time I used Orbx, as I was landing at KSMO, I saw a group of buildings floating mid-air. I hope a future update will fix that.

Best

--Max

11 hours ago, silberz said:

Thanks Jon for your help,

1. here are what the Orbx app states:

'US Southern California HD" is in directory: C:\Users\Max\Desktop\Orbx\xp11\TrueEarth US Southern California HD

'Libraries v1.7.1 is installed in Main Library in  C:\Users\Max\Desktop\Orbx\xp11\Orbx Libraries

'SAM v2.0.7 is installed into X-Plane 11 in C:\Users\Max\DesktopXPlaneVulkan\X-Plane 11

2. I did not find the directories Custom, Overlay and Orthos in the US Southern California HD directory. However, I found these five directories:

Orbx_A_US_SoCal_Airports

Orbx_A_US_SoCal_TE_Custom

Orbx_B_US_SoCal_TE_Overlay

Orbx_C_US_SoCal_TE_Orthos

Orbx_OrbxlibsXP

After a while, shortcuts for these directories appear in directory: C:\Users\Max\DesktopXPlaneVulkan\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery

3. I think it is good, but now I am experiencing a weird side effect: several waypoints around LAX (VPLSR, VPLHP, VPLMS) are no longer recognized by the base 530GNS in XPlane.

Do you know if there is some kind of incompatibility between XPlane Vulkan 11.50 and Orbx ?

4. (While at it) I just want to let you know that last time I used Orbx, as I was landing at KSMO, I saw a group of buildings floating mid-air. I hope a future update will fix that.

Best

--Max

There re a few anomalies with some Orbx (and other ) addons regarding some error messages appearing on screen and in the XP log file. These are known about and will be looked into when 11.50 becomes a release. The error reporting is designed to help Laminar look at potential issues.

It is best to just ignore the messages for now as there seems to be little impact if any.

Archived