Missing landmarks

Hi All,

This has happened just recently and i am somewhat confused as to why its happened. Basically London bridge for example is missing and the scenery looks different to what i am usually used to on Orbx TE UK North, Central & South. I uninstalled Orbx and reinstalled via Orbx central and verified all the files. Everything seems fine untill i use XP11. When i look at the Custom Scenery folder within XP11 i have notices x2 linked shortcuts to the SAM Library ( I am guessing this was done by Orbx central ) but i also have another folder named SAM Library with similar files. Has anyone else came accross this before i completely reinstall XP11 and Orbx :(

Kind Regards

Stuartygr

X-System 10_06_2020 12_44_44.png

XP11 Orbx1.JPG

5 hours ago, Stuartygr said:

Hi All,

This has happened just recently and i am somewhat confused as to why its happened. Basically London bridge for example is missing and the scenery looks different to what i am usually used to on Orbx TE UK North, Central & South. I uninstalled Orbx and reinstalled via Orbx central and verified all the files. Everything seems fine untill i use XP11. When i look at the Custom Scenery folder within XP11 i have notices x2 linked shortcuts to the SAM Library ( I am guessing this was done by Orbx central ) but i also have another folder named SAM Library with similar files. Has anyone else came accross this before i completely reinstall XP11 and Orbx :(

Kind Regards

Stuartygr

X-System 10_06_2020 12_44_44.png

XP11 Orbx1.JPG

Attach your scenery_packs.ini as it looks like it is not layered correctly.

Also confirm that you have the XP London Landmarks file installed.

DON'T start uninstalling anything yet. 

Regarding SAM files. You either install into Resources/plugins which is the newer way of installing, or you just take the SAM Library folder and place that into your Custom Scenery folder. Remove any surplus SAM folders.

Hi Jon, sorry for the delay but its been mayhem at the moment lol. I took your advice and prfixed the custom scenery folder according to the proper scenery layering. I have included my custome scenery pack ini file to show my current layers that work now. Going by the advice on the SAM_Library i notice that i have one in the Resources\Plugins & Custom Scenery folders...i am right in saying i can safely delete the one in the Custom Scenery folder as you highlighted that the other is the new way of doing it. Whenever i run XP11 it also includes a shortcut to SAM...never seen this before untill i updated Orbx scenery...is this a new feature?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated

Stuart

X-System 11_06_2020 14_39_29.png

scenery_packs.ini

Your scenery_packs is not correctly layered and your prefixing with letters is not helping when the prefix is used for all files except the Orbx ones.

If you want to prefix then you may want to consider what I do.

I only prefix Airports and libraries required for freeware 3rd party addons. 

What you have done is prefix alphabetically and sequentially which XP logic will then lace alphabetically in the scenery_pack.

The XP correct sequencing is:

Top down

1.3rd party airports

2. Global Airports

3. Orbx TE series addons with London Landmarks if you have TEGB South

4. Libraries

5. Ortho4xp overlay files

6.Ortho4xp orthos files

7. Worldwide 3rd part mesh.

As you can see from your submitted scenery_packs, it means r=that the correct layering will not happen. Take Global Airports for example. It should be placed directly under your last 3rd party airport which is LOWI and directly under Global Airpoprts should be your TEGB addons. Your prefixes have made TEGB addons above Global Airports.

if you want me to make it all correct for you I am willing to do so, but need you to remove all the prefixes except the zzz ones., and if you take up my suggestion, thenleave the Aerosoft airports as is because Aerosoft begins with A anyway. Leave LOWI as is.

Label all your libraries with Library- and then run XP and exit. Then attach your new sceneru_packs.ini and I will do it for you.

my "prefix" pics:

3rd party freeware Airports.

Capture1.JPG.389310f0a59c025488bb25ba62b3eab6.JPG

My "prefix" for 3rd party Libraries.

Capture2.thumb.JPG.1f0318d5389ca07366c2b0f038af2524.JPG

Jon, thank you very much for making this better to understand and i think i see what your saying but i will include my new ini file for your perusal along with snips of my custom scenery folder on its layout. Just for info i opened XP11 using the format on the ini file attached and my Orbx Airport for Edinburgh EGPH is showing as Laminars default airport....just when you think you know...lol

Much Appreciated :)

Custom Scenery 1.JPG

Custom Scenery 2.JPG

scenery_packs.ini

@Stuartygr If you look at your scenery_packs.ini you have placed the EGPH airport below Global Airports so Global Airports will mask your EGPH and display the default one.

The .ini looks much better, but besides the incorrect layering of EGPH and EGLC and LOWI_A x2 you haven't put London landmarks above the TEGB addons as it is required for TEGB South plus a couple of other issues that needed changing.

I have made the necessary changes for you.:)

scenery_packs.ini

9 hours ago, Stuartygr said:

Hi Jon, Much appreciated for the guidance on how to layer properly and it works a treat. When adding new scenery the file moves about but with your guidance i know now how to resolve it. Thank you very much.:D

You're welcome

Archived