Vector auto config failed to complete

I've been using Prepar3d v4 for 18 months with many of the Orbx products. Very pleased. I've always run the vector auto config after installing any addon scenery.Yesterday I purchased Australia v2. I ran the Vector auto config for airport elevation corrections, and after 4 or 5 minutes I had an error message " auto config failed to complete".

This has never happened before. I started P3d anyway and spawned at Coffs Harbour where everything looked fine. I flew north to YGFN Grafton, and on approach I could see elevation problems at both ends of the runway. As soon as I touched down it looked even worse with the ground dropping below the runway either side. The apron was also at a very much lower level.

I have tried the auto config again today, but still the same error message.Spawning at YGFN again and the same problems are there.

I would appreciate some help on this please.

Regards Mike C

legacy at grafton.jpg

Hi Nic,

I uninstalled NZWR as suggested by Doug Sawatxky on the page you sent me to. The Vector Auto Config tool now runs and completes ok, and I did apply, but two airfields in Australia that I had tried before, YGFN and YCNK, still have elevation problems. So although Auto Config always corrected this type of problem before, it doesn't seem to do so this time.

Mike

Ok Nick will check, I don't have any addon fields for Aus, but will check the library order. items were installed with Central, and seemed to be ok. Will check again. Thanks for your reply.

Mike

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Mike, neither airport has any Vector files, which means that Vector is not the problem.

The next port of call should be to check for more than one version and your scenery library order.

Hi Nic,

When you mention "more than one version" do you mean the airfields in question ?  I don't have any addons for those two fields. The only addon field is the FTX YBLN Busselton, nd it's fine.. Which part of my scenery library do you refer to.. The scenery library in my P3dv4 looks ok to me. I'm resonably competent looking around the pc, but I'm no expert.

Mike

Hi Nick,

Definitely no other addons for YGFN, and don't have anything that updates airport data. You've seen the screen shot of my YGFN. I'm a member of the Bristol Flight Sim Group, UK, so I'm waiting to see if anyone else has had any problems. but we haven't flown in Aus for some time, and I think I may be the only one who has the AUS v2 at the moment.I'll try and check some more fields in Aus.

Regards

Mike

Ok, will try. I've tried 12 fields so far, and just the two two were no good, Just flying out of Albany at the moment because  we stayed there for a couple of nights. I'll try the verify files for Aus tomorrow as I'm going to shut down shortly. Will post.

Thanks Mike

Ok, will try. I've tried 12 fields so far, and just the two two were no good, Just flying out of Albany at the moment because  we stayed there for a couple of nights. I'll try the verify files for Aus tomorrow as I'm going to shut down shortly. Will post.

Thanks Mike

Have verified Aus v2 files. No change. 

Have now tried 26 airfields, four with elevation problems, that includes the original two,  and one, YHOX with trees and houses all the way down the runway, also the elevation problem.  YSRB Rose Bay was in the library, but when I loaded there, I had no airfield, I was on the water.

I'll keep looking and compile a list.

Mike

Archived