Florida HD install Help

So I downloaded the Florida HD files...everything seems to have gone the way it should... no error saying I don't have enough space....both my drives still have plenty of space remaining after install... yet the scenery does not load.  Loading times have increased however.   Where do I start to diagnose this?

Welcome.

TE Florida is the largest TE region to date so will take a lot longer to load than some other regions. It very much depends on the read/write speed of your disk and XP settings and amount of scenery in your Custom Scenery folder.

I need you to attach 2 files for me please. Your XP Log file from the XP directory and your scenery_packs.ini.

4 hours ago, djbillbass said:

Thank you for your help

Attached - Hopefully those are correct. 

scenery_packs.ini 1.79 kB · 0 downloads Log.txt 1.12 MB · 0 downloads

I have rearranged your scenery_packs.ini for you. You had ortho4xp at the very top which will mask a lot of scenery.

You have an entry in there just labelled as New folder. I don't know what it represents but depending on its contents probably needs moving top somewhere more appropriate in the layering sequence.

TE Florida will take what seems as a very long time to load and as I said relies on the speed or your disk drive.

Here is a breakdown of the sizes of the TE USA addons and you will see that Florida has by far the greater number of files to read.:

If you check the Properties of TE Florida you will see there are over 100,000 files. No other TE addon nears that quantity of files. 

TE Florida SD=104,089 Files, 177 Folders

TE NorCal SD=67,745 Files, 177 Folders

TE Oregon SD=58,510 Files, 147 Folders

TE SoCal SD=56,715 Files, 161 Folders

TE Washington=67,763 Files, 197 Folders

The figures quoted pertain to the SD versions which contain the same number of files as the HD versions. The only difference is the texture resolution in HD vs SD.

Here is your new scenery_packs.ini:

scenery_packs.ini

So the "New Folder" was just a place I kept my old scenery packs ini file. I wanted to keep a copy of the original.  So I'm fine with the loading time... I have an SSD and I understand a map this detailed takes some time to load....I was only mentioning it because it indicated to me that even though I couldn't see the TE beauty, it was loading. I downloaded your file... put it in my folder... and this is what I'm seeing from Miami Intl.

Miam Intl.jpg

Thanks but I need a shot that shows in bright daylight and less city more slightly rural.

I also ask if you have got your World Objects setting quite low as I see little autogen/buildings in comparison to a World Objects setting of High which is the recommended setting so you see all the autogen on offer.

Archived