Orbx zaps my FSX Airplanes

Houston Pilot

Hello,

It appears anytime i update Orbx, it "zaps" all other FSx aircrafts from my system.

I do not see or able to interact with the other aircrafts even though i have the setting on FSX to load other aircrafts.

What may be going on please? This is a recent development with the update/launch of the NEW Orbx Desktop.

I have had Orbx since 2016, this is the transaction ID i think from that first purchase. I have continued to update with other airports and such

- Your transaction ID is 586421b643b2f.

Thanks for your quick response.

Whenever i update Orbx central i.e an update shows up ready to push to update any of the myriad of sceneries i have purchased and installed on my PC (Global base Packs/Regions/Airports etc). Once i accept the update and install and run FSX, all my AI aircrafts are GONE!

Trying to troubleshoot, i go in to my FSX directory in the Scenery/World folder and i find this file (trafficAircraft.bgl.disabled-by-aitraffic-aunz)

Once i delete this file and replace with (trafficAircratf.bgl) it solves the problem and all my AI aircraft return and show up in FSX.

This stays resolved till i update an Orbx file and teh issues shows up again and i repeat the above steps.

So question is do i have a setting wrong in Orbx that it keeps "zapping" my FSX AI? (NOTE, while my FSX AI is gone, the AI from Orbx AI North American General Aviation still shows up, ONLY the FSX AI is impacted).

I hope this helps and makes more sense. thanks again for your help.

Hello,

I suspect that a decision was made to replace the control panel option to disable the  default AI with

an installation option instead. I would think that if you uninstall the Australian AI and restore the trafficaircraft.bgl file,

the problem will go away.

Archived