FSX Southern California, blurry terrain

windemere1

Hi, FSX Team: I'm a newbie here,  purchased FSX So Cal scenery because it looks so beautiful and I live in LA area. Installation was a breeze and no error. But I just realized last week that what I have been seeing in the last 2 months is just blurry ground images and not what the product is supposed to work. I did the following to no avail: re-installed the package and library (ran Verified Files), changed my display resolution, tweaking various setting in FSX (to dumb it down), read user manual, search for other similar issues in the forum, etc. I'm sure I missed something in my troubleshooting, but just couldn't figure it out. I attached some basic system information below for your review and advise. I hope it is just something basic that I missed, but I just cannot enjoy the product yet! Thank you for your review. If additional system information could help, please identify and I'll supply. Thank you all very much.

1.       Purchased product

• Southern California for FSX.
  •             image.png.040517fa2cdcef8b85fb98953687e49b.png

2.       Symptom:

a.       Daylight, blurry terrain. (KSNA Runway 20R)

i.     image.png.b7e72ecb1a5853b7de3344512f9be92b.png

b.      Daylight, blurry freeway. (KSNA airport north end, looking at terrain and freeway.)

i.     image.png.d4d2c7e40fbd292c986f8a6e20c60aff.png

4.       System

a.       Windows 10

b.      Dell XPS desktop

i.   image.png.a6a735609d9ed83eb51ae46a2faefb69.png  

c.       Nvidia graphics card.

i.     image.png.52a12ccd344d683635fbce41cab44b14.png

5.       FSX settings

a.       Display-Graphics

i.     image.png.02f167f9a10ad38eb4c7f40612c79ca7.png

b.      Display-Scenery

i.     image.png.6aa2a13e0432920b35ae9fff1304db89.png

Thank you for the advise, Doug. I didn't install the Acceleration package. After I installed it and re-installed all Orbx package, I was able to see clear terrain and ground features. I tweaked it a little bit and the output is like below. Very good. Thanks again.

image.thumb.png.654feca88a4bba17940d6f4c520343a1.png

Archived