Can I remove buildings from Orbx scenery?

I have a similar question regarding Orbx stock objects in P3D V5. I understand that Orbx can't be responsible for third party items but I have a community built Tangmere airfield for the old airfield at Tangmere , West Sussex, UK. It works just fine.... except that in ORB Great Britain South there are buildings slap in the middle of the airfield at the runway intersections causing crashes and making the airfield unusable. I know the place like the back of my hand and the buildings don't even represent anything there today. Is it possible to remove those buildings? I have double checked by uninstalling GBS which takes them away. Actually I'm surprised Orbx placed any buildings in their photo scenery, my old Horizon scenery gives me a clear landscape.

Hi Len,

yes it is possible remove stock object. You need some knowledge about scenery design, or scenery author can do that. If you interested in go to fsdeveloper.com side.

Mark

Mark,

I couldn't see 'scenery author' there, do you mean the authior of the scenery (Orbx)? I have tried scruffy dick's ADE to lay an 'exclude all' over the affected area and the airfield file is above all Orbx files in the library but it has no effect. Is this the kind of thing you are suggesting or is there a way to find and exclude or modify the Orbx file?

Len

I recently upgraded to P3D v5 and purchased GB South and Central. I want to lay down an airfield but find that buildings have been included in this terrain package (why?) and are in the way of the airfield area. They are not even represenativeof the area. Nothing I do in the airfield design will suppress them (using ADE and 'exclude all' polygons, placing it at top of scenery library).

Is there a way to remove these buildings or even identify and isolate the file that is causing them?

Hello,

here is TEGB South, Tangmere and one of Ian Parker's RAF airports for FSX.

You can see the buildings disappear.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

His flatten exclude autogen seems to be working, there are a couple of trees that survive it but as you can see, all buildings are obliterated.

Of course, the airport must be above TEGB in the scenery library.

My local very accurate third party version of Rochester, made by Alf Denham and using my photographs has also been ruined by Orbx buildings in FSX SP2. I have Orbx Global which I suspect is the culprit because I have already renamed the EGTO.bgl in Vector as well as the default Microsoft EGTO.

Hello,

Global Base adds textures.

Vector adds Vector data and can affect airport elevations.

Neither of them should be able to add buildings to a properly constructed addon airport.

Can you show a screen shot of the ruination please, or if you are willing,

send me a copy of the files, by PM if you wish and I will take a look.

What other products do you have other than Orbx Global Base and Orbx Global Vector please?

On 5/28/2020 at 10:57 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

here is TEGB South, Tangmere and one of Ian Parker's RAF airports for FSX.

You can see the buildings disappear.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

His flatten exclude autogen seems to be working, there are a couple of trees that survive it but as you can see, all buildings are obliterated.

Of course, the airport must be above TEGB in the scenery library.

Thank you Nick. I can't find it anywhere but I've PM'd Ian about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived