Is this the ground morphing issue ?

stewie923

I've recently found that my ground texture is missing, or sometimes is slow to load, and I see big blue squares where the ground should be located. 

iBbYlDu.jpg

la1okQ0.jpg

8Kqg3WC.jpg

I have tried a lot of the fixes that are suggested for the ground morphing issue, including replacing the terrain.cfg with the Orbx default one, replaced the scenery.cfg file, run the OZx_Au Repair Bat, and reinstalled Orbx Au V2 and Holgermesh Australia. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. 

I did notice that when I try and verify the Orbx Au v2 files I get this error message - not sure if this relates to OZx as apart from a few airports that is really the only other thing installed.

6FzIpVH.jpg

scenery.cfg terrain.cfg

I've just found that the blue boxes become visible when raising the 'Texture Resolution' from 10m to 5m. If I leave it at 10m and pull all the other sliders to the right, there is no issues - as soon as I move the texture resolution from 10m to 5m the problem appears. 

Regards

Stewie

Hello,

the scenery.cfg file is default.

The active one is at C:\programdata\Microsoft\FSX

The red message is probably indicating that you are using Australia v2 with

Holgermesh and/ or the Tasmania demo and/or Australia v1.

Hi Nick,

Thankyou for pointing me to the correct location for the scenery.cfg file - I've attached the current one now. 

Do you recommend that I uninstall Holgermesh from the Orbx Central system if I am using Australia V2 ?

Thanks for your help. 

Stewie

Scenery.CFG

Thanks Nick, removing the Holgermesh has now allowed Orbx Central to verify the Australia v2 files, however I still have the same blue ground blocks when I increase the terrain resolution above 5m. 

Regards

Stewie 

stewie923,

You should really have OZx entries above Orbx/FTX entries. Orbx Central should have, under "Settings" a tool called "Library Insertion Points" specifically to place OZx above Orbx in priority and keep them there.

ie;  OZx_AUS  
      OZx_LIB
      FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

For compatibility reasons, most third party Scenery and Airfields will go above Orbx/FTX in priority unless otherwise stated by their creator.

I'm not familiar with what is  FSN_O22_Base_Scenery  but perhaps it also needs to go higher than Orbx/FTX & OZx, unless the maker specifically requires it to take precedence in the lower priority order.

I just worked out that the problem was that I did not have the 'Land Detail Textures' box ticked. As soon as I ticked that box everything returns to normal. 

6JvK5Ns.jpg

I've also now moved OZx above the FTX entries - although that didn't affect the initial problem. 

Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.

Thankyou for your help.

Regards

Stewie

Stewie,

Thankyou for that feedeback, nice catch on the Land Detail Texture checkbox.

Also good move on the OZx Library order.

Looking at your scenery slider page, I'm wondering if your system specs are lower end or laptop, If you like the sliders set that way for performance reasons I will not argue, but might I suggest you read the product Guide for AUv2, Orbx usually provides a PDF with their products (accessible through OrbxCentral), containing recommended Scenery Slider settings.

Here's an example, Quick Ref from AUv1:
There will also be other advised settings in the same area of the PDF

AU-UG.jpg

Thankyou Jeff, I was just playing around with the sliders to see if it made a difference to the issue I was having with the texture. That is a good guide that you have provided, I will adjust my settings to match that and see how the performance is. 

Stewie

Archived