Orbx Library install creating ground texture issues

As soon as I install the Orbx Libraries, the ground scenery at my default airport changes to an incorrect desert texture, and the texture remains incorrect even after I have uninstalled Orbx Libraries and rebooted FSX.

I was previously using several addon airports and sceneries, namely, FreemeshX, Ants Addon Airports, and OZx. I uninstalled all of these and had to reinstall FSX to get the correct ground textures again.

The same error happened on the clean installation of FSX.

I also got an error message saying that some files failed to extract, which was fixed by pressing 'verify files'.

It looks like either a landclass issue or a ground texture issue, and I'm not sure how to fix it - screenshots attached if they help (green grass is correct, brown/tan grass is after the error).

Any help is appreciated!

Orbx Libraries installation error.JPG

Camden 1.JPG

Camden 2.JPG

Camden 3.JPG

Camden 4.JPG

Camden 5.JPG

Camden 6.JPG

Camden 7.JPG

Camden 8.JPG

Hi Nick, thanks for your response.

The Orbx Libraries are the only thing installed when the issue happens, although I had previously installed Holgermesh and AI Traffic for Aus and NZ. I had also previously installed some non-Orbx addons, namely FreemeshX, Ants Aussie Airports complete and OZx complete, but as far as I can tell none of these are contributing to the issue, as I have not reinstalled any of them, yet the issue has reoccurred.

Just to be clear, I uninstalled everything, including FSX, and reinstalled it so it was clean. I then installed only the Orbx Libraries, and the issue reoccurred.

I've tried replacing the texture, effects, and sounds folders in the FSX program file folder, which I could see were updated upon Orbx Library installation. I also deleted the terrain.cfg file and replaced it with the original terrain.cfg file from a back-up of the clean FSX install, but this did not fix the issue after it occurred.

I'm really at a loss as to what is happening here. It seems like installing the Orbx library causes the ground texture that is tiled over my default airport to be read from a different location, or changed/replaced altogether, but I can't figure out how to switch it back after Orbx Libraries has been installed.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Archived