TrueEarth GB North not working properly

I downloaded and installed TrueEarth GB South and Central and they both work fine then later I downloaded North and it looks awful; that fake texture that makes the ortho look better at low altitude was missing and buildings and trees, mostly trees are often in the wrong places, in roads and random locations.

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, but that didn't work. So I'm thinking it may be a problem with the compressed download file. Also my folders look odd, when there are one folder for each scenery package for ortho, overlay and  custom, there seems to be two overlay folders for GB North and they don't have much in them data wise.

If I knew how to locate and delete my compressed download file then redownload again that might work?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Welcome

First ly there are actually 2 overlay folders for TEGB North. The reason is that due to 1 x1 tile format XP uses there is a bit of Northern Ireland covered in TEGB North. Not all of it. The smaller content overlay file has default overlay of that area,#. The larger one is the extensive detailed overlay for the rest of TEGB North.

I need a pic to see exactly what you are referring to about fake texture and also about trees etc in wrong places. 

Attach your scenery_packs.ini so i can take a look to see that all is well  and correctly layered then we can decide what to do next.

To uninstall you open Orbx Central, locate TEGB North and in the Options choose Uninstall.

If you have chosen the Automatic back up copy option you can either Run the Verify Files option offered in the Options part of TEGB North next to the Verify Files option or you can go to the backup location for where the backu copy is installed and delete it run a fresh installation.

Don't do any of those actions until I have seen a pic or 2 and reviewed your scenery-Packs.ini

The below pic shows where everything I mentioned regarding Orbx Central is located:

1.thumb.JPG.52efb3d66dbb898d16c3b08504226b4c.JPG

Verify Files & Uninstall options location in Orbx Central:

Capture.thumb.JPG.df06d5868b6117df25017303cc0fd31c.JPG

Thanks for getting back to me! I'll get some pics to you soon, but in the meantime I've attached my scenery_packs.ini file.

A bit more info: after I tried reinstalling this scenery pack from the back up, central said there was a file missing and suggested verifying might fix it and this seemed to work, but makes me think that maybe my download in my backup folder is not right;, maybe corrupted.

scenery_packs.ini.backup-orbx

4 hours ago, Bufftheowl said:

Thanks for getting back to me! I'll get some pics to you soon, but in the meantime I've attached my scenery_packs.ini file.

A bit more info: after I tried reinstalling this scenery pack from the back up, central said there was a file missing and suggested verifying might fix it and this seemed to work, but makes me think that maybe my download in my backup folder is not right;, maybe corrupted.

scenery_packs.ini.backup-Orbx 1.1 kB · 0 downloads

Yes quite possibly the download/backup is corrupt.

I attach a pic of what to do to clear the Temp folder and where to find the backup copy so you can delete it. Then run the Verify Files.

1.JPG

Thanks I''ll try that!

Here's those pics just incase you are curious what I meant by fake ground texture. the two pics are from free camera one near Yeovil, showing a grain that helps very low altitude flying look more real simulating ground texture and the other from near Dundee, but I had a lack of these textures everywhere in Scotland.

Cessna_172SP - 2020-06-01 14.33.18.png

3 hours ago, Bufftheowl said:

Oh the pics are to big and it wont let me send them all.

Those are decals showing through. They are evident in Xp 11.50beta. Not an issue of Orbx as they are exaggerated by 11.50. Reported both here and the X-Plane.org site.

Archived