Error message re missing SoCal files

Hi.  I have downloaded the SoCal HD files twice now. 

Upon loading X-Plane I receive the following message:

Error, could not locate image file for terrain
Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_SoCal_TE_Orthos/terrain/cc70x5ac0x17.ter
Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_SoCal_TE_Orthos/terrain/
../textures/cc70x5ac0x17.dds.

The first time I received this message, I changed the disc to which the files are originally downloaded (temp folder) which has plenty of space available (more than 2TB).  I have tried loading several SoCal airports, all of which return the same error message.

I have spent several hours now downloading this product and am at my wit's end trying to fugure out what is wrong.  Any assistance would be appreciated greatly.  

OK please attach your Orbx central log file available via Orbx Central/settings/help.

You say you moved your Temp folder, did you also edit its new location in the Orbx Central settings/downloader page as shown in the attached pic?

Are you installing the addon to the +2TB disk drive as well?

Are you installing into the XP direct or to a self created library outside of XP? If so then what is the location of the installation?

Please ensure you answer the 3 questions above so I can determine the next course of support action. Thanks.

Hi Jon.  Thanks so much for your prompt reply.  I have managed, however, to solve the issue by verifying the files through the ‘verify the files’ button.  All is good and the scenery is absolutely fantastic.  Thanks again and all the best.

7 hours ago, Pageois said:

Hi Jon.  Thanks so much for your prompt reply.  I have managed, however, to solve the issue by verifying the files through the ‘verify the files’ button.  All is good and the scenery is absolutely fantastic.  Thanks again and all the best.

That's good.

Archived