Scenery.ini

I only made a couple of adjustments to your scenry_pack. See if it helps.

You don't indicate what problem with what file in TE Washington you are having. I have placed TE Washington at the top of the layering sequences under Global Airports to see if  that does something, but unless you tell me more details I cannot assist further.

scenery_packs.ini

0:05:05.749 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/seattle/TE_USA_POI_RG_Sheraton_Grand_Seattle_Union_Street.obj:
0:05:05.749 E/SCN: This object is corrupt on disk - it has two headers.
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: The scenery may not look correct.
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: C:/jenkins/design-triggered/source_code/app/X-Plane-f/../../engine/OBJ/OBJ_read.cpp:579
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: | (OBJ_read.cpp:579)
0:05:05.749 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13 minutes ago, sykoste said:

I have found the file and deleted it and re-verified in central to replace it but still the same

Please attach the XP log as soon as you have loaded a flight that gives an error message.

Do you have a backup copy of TE Washington. You can check if you have by opening Orbx central and checking. See the pic below of where to look. If you have then delete the backup of TE Washington. If there is a backup then when you run the Verify Files option it will read that backup copy which may well have the corrupted file whoch os mentioned in the partil log pic you posted:

0:05:05.749 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/seattle/TE_USA_POI_RG_Sheraton_Grand_Seattle_Union_Street.obj:
0:05:05.749 E/SCN: This object is corrupt on disk - it has two headers.

I attach a copy of that file for you to place in the Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/seattle/ folder to see if it helps , but please still perform the actions I have mentioned above first.

TE_USA_POI_RG_Sheraton_Grand_Seattle_Union_Street.zip

1.thumb.JPG.14c06dc386fc71ef28891b1cca487896.JPG

56 minutes ago, sykoste said:

followed your steps and the same thing

Log.txt 98.21 kB · 1 download

Are you getting an on screen message?

You know there is no support for addons you put into XP beta versions? I also have this version of 11.50b9 and if you read the release data from Laminar it is now geared to report in the XP log ALL slight anomalies instead of crashing the sim.

If you are not getting an On Screen message then ignore the errors reported in the XP Log. Any anomalies will be sorted by Orbx when 11.50 becomes an official rel;ease.

I note that your Log also shows missing sea-tac files. This issue was hotfixed a while back. 

Here is the link for that fix: I can offer no other support I'm afraid

• 5 months later...

Hi Jon - I hope you and your family and friends are all doing well.  I noticed in this thread that when you sorted a previous (different thread) scenery_packs.ini, you had all the different regions “custom, overlay, and orthos” stacked together (AAAABBBBCCCC), and in this .ini folder you aligned them (ABCABCABC).  I had just adjusted my .ini file to match the (AAAABBBBCCCC) format and I believe there was a vast improvement in overall performance = FPS jumped from low 30’s to 47-49 (I have my FPS limiter in NVIDIA Control Panel set to 50).  I’m wondering what the reason would be to have two different ways of stacking the .ini?  Just curious... I am completely happy with my .ini file as it currently is (based upon your helpful suggestions to a fellow flier).  Many thanks again, Jon!   Scott

It is interesting that you find the difference to be  as dramatic as you state. To my knowledge there is  no difference as long as the files are together by type or by addon, but you seem to have noticed a difference. If you have one TE region only it will obviously stack as A,B.C. You add another and it should also stack as A.B.C. above the previous installed TE region. After a while though it appears that additional addons, not necessarily another TE region, will cause a slight regrouping of the TE files by prefix grouping rather than alphabetical sequence for the individual addon/ This results in all A's together and then B's etc.

Which ever works for you is best as long as they are not separated as a group of TE installations like having the Orthos files way down the .ini completely separated from the Custom/overlay files or a similar example.

Archived