X Plane Landmark London is not working after the latest update of my True Earth GB South.

The dev recommended that the new file of :

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports/

should sit right at the top of the scenery_packs.ini. London Landmarks works fine for me in exactly the correct layering as you have i.e. just below Global Airports. I too have the updated TEGB South installed.

If the new placement of the TEGB South airports doesn't work, then check the London Landmarks folder. 

scenery_packs.ini

Certainly something wrong with my London Landmarks it contain 3 files only.

I updated my Xplane  installation , but still no improvement .

I am going out for the day and will investigate further later on.   

Mean while any further advise would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, DR Monir Geadah said:

Certainly something wrong with my London Landmarks it contain 3 files only.

I updated my Xplane  installation , but still no improvement .

I am going out for the day and will investigate further later on.   

Mean while any further advise would be appreciated.

Unzip this into your Custom Scenery. make sure you delete your current version with only 3 files in it.

X-Plane Landmarks - London.zip

Thank you Suspman and Jon for your advice and help.

followed both advices but unfortunately still no luck  to get Xplane London 5 landmarks to appear.

True earth North and central scenery are working OK.

I am left with one more option to try tomorrow possibly . i.e..to uninstall true Earth South scenery and then reinstall them again afresh and hopefully already updated properly.

7 hours ago, DR Monir Geadah said:

Thank you Suspman and Jon for your advice and help.

followed both advices but unfortunately still no luck  to get Xplane London 5 landmarks to appear.

True earth North and central scenery are working OK.

I am left with one more option to try tomorrow possibly . i.e..to uninstall true Earth South scenery and then reinstall them again afresh and hopefully already updated properly.

There is no known reason at all as to why you still have a problem with the London Landmarks considering that the file I sent you is the full version. 

I am assuming you unzipped it and placed it in your Custom Scenery folder? The unzipped file size is 47.3MB

It then needs to go just below Global Airports in the scenery_packs.ini

What are the specific 5 London landmarks you say are missing? Show me a pic of London at 1500 ft above canary Wharf, from EGLC.

I have a confession to make.

I made a silly mistake in my early posting, by saying I had only 3 files in my London land marks instead of saying l had only 3 folders in it. 
l think it is nothing to do with the London landmarks folder and must be something else. Possibly faulty installation of true earth Great Britain South installation ? Presently I am in the process of reinstalling it.

Sorry sorry sorry

4 minutes ago, DR Monir Geadah said:

I have a confession to make.

I made a silly mistake in my early posting, by saying I had only 3 files in my London land marks instead of saying l had only 3 folders in it. 
l think it is nothing to do with the London landmarks folder and must be something else. Possibly faulty installation of true earth Great Britain South installation ? Presently I am in the process of reinstalling it.

Sorry sorry sorry

No problem. Let's see how a new installation goes.

I assume you have read and made sure you meet ALL the requirements for a successful installation of True Earth? Take note in particular of the free disk space requirements on the disk you are downloading onto which has your Temp folder on it, and the disk you are wanting the installation to go on.

Hi again.

more confessions to make.

1. I did delete my sceneries ini as it was Wrong/Strange scenery.ini entry after updating TE GB South.

I am afraid it is still doing that and missing and duplicating some entries.

2. I did change the locations of my temporary download folder and the Orbx library folder to my 4 terabyte External hard drive D, where my second copy of XPlane is. That was because my SSD drive C , is only 500GB and my initial copy of XPlane is on my  1 terabyte SSD drive.

3.the four, not five, London land marks which do not show are : the gherkin, the tower bridge, the London eye and the Westminster.

still no joy or success at all. getting tired and frustrated.scenery_packs.ini

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.05.20 - 09.48.02.01.jpg

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.05.20 - 09.49.17.36.jpg

I am baffled !!

Do test for me please.

Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.BAK

make a new folder called Custom Scenery.

In the .BAK folder make shortcuts for TEGB South all 3 files, London landmarks and Global Airports

Put those shortcuts into the new Custom scenery folder.Run XP an exit immediately after the opening page opens.

Open your scenery_packs.ini and make sure that the layering in there is as follow:

Global Airports (top)

London Landmarks

Tegb South Custom

TEGB South Overlay

TEGB South Orthos.

Check that London Landmarks folder is 47.3 MB. It shopuld be because that is the file I sent you and it is 47.3 prior to my zipping it.

Take a fight out of EGLC...no need for this test to use your payware EGLC.

Tell me what you see regarding landmarks.

I also want you to check your TEGB Custom folder size.

It should be 3.62GB 1739 files 48 folders

and also your TEGB South overlay folder size

It should be 1.62GB 2791 files 101 folders.

Your scenery_packs.ini was absolutely fine.

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I am baffled !!

Do test for me please.

Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.BAK

make a new folder called Custom Scenery.

In the .BAK folder make shortcuts for TEGB South all 3 files, London landmarks and Global Airports

Put those shortcuts into the new Custom scenery folder.Run XP an exit immediately after the opening page opens.

Open your scenery_packs.ini and make sure that the layering in there is as follow:

Global Airports (top)

London Landmarks

Tegb South Custom

TEGB South Overlay

TEGB South Orthos.

Check that London Landmarks folder is 47.3 MB. It shopuld be because that is the file I sent you and it is 47.3 prior to my zipping it.

Take a fight out of EGLC...no need for this test to use your payware EGLC.

Tell me what you see regarding landmarks.

I also want you to check your TEGB Custom folder size.

It should be 3.62GB 1739 files 48 folders

and also your TEGB South overlay folder size

It should be 1.62GB 2791 files 101 folders.

Your scenery_packs.ini was absolutely fine.

Followed your instructions and the folders checks were all OK for sizes and contents.

Glad to say that it seems to have done the trick as the 4 London landmarks are all there to be seen and with decent frame rates and performance.

I may have couple of questions however , but that may be for tomorrow as it is good night time for now.

Many thanks Jon and best wishes

6 hours ago, DR Monir Geadah said:

Followed your instructions and the folders checks were all OK for sizes and contents.

Glad to say that it seems to have done the trick as the 4 London landmarks are all there to be seen and with decent frame rates and performance.

I may have couple of questions however , but that may be for tomorrow as it is good night time for now.

Many thanks Jon and best wishes

That's good news. It indicates that you have something installed that is potentially masking the London landmarks. I suggest that you leave the new Custom Scenery folder as your default one and slowly initially start to add some of your airports back. Keep doing a test flight from EGLC to ensure your landmarks are still appearing after each airport is added.

I am unsure that there is any more support I can offer as we have proved there is nothing wrong with TEGB South nor the non Orbx addon of London Landmarks.

Archived