TE Florida Installation Questions

orbmis

Hello,

I've finished reading the TE Addons Guide, which has been very helpful. However, I do have a few add'l questions on the Installation process. I'm comfortable with the notes re: need for sufficient disk space, but I'm still somewhat confused. With regard to the installation target drive, is the intent to load the TE Florida components (terrain, etc.) into the default XPlane Custom Scenery folder, where my other custom scenery/airports are located? Can and/or should it go there? Does Orbx want to install into a folder OUTSIDE of the Custom Scenery folder, but still within the Xplane install directory itself? Or does it want to be installed completely OUTSIDE of the XP install folder (in my case=D:\X-Plane 11).

Also, I see where under Settings-Simulator-Libraries-Main Library, Orbx is looking to create a 'location' for an Orbx Library of some sort, i.e.  c:\users\xxxxxx\Orbx Library? Is this where XP TE Florida will eventually reside, or a folder/directory for Orbx to store their own internal tools/routines/etc.? How does this relate to the Custom Scenery folder? Also, should this Orbx Library folder for XPlane be the same exact folder as the one for Prepar3D? Should they be separate & discrete?

Just trying to better understand things, so that I don't make a mis-step along the way, causing bigger issues.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

5 hours ago, orbmis said:

Hello,

I've finished reading the TE Addons Guide, which has been very helpful. However, I do have a few add'l questions on the Installation process. I'm comfortable with the notes re: need for sufficient disk space, but I'm still somewhat confused. With regard to the installation target drive, is the intent to load the TE Florida components (terrain, etc.) into the default XPlane Custom Scenery folder, where my other custom scenery/airports are located? Can and/or should it go there? Does Orbx want to install into a folder OUTSIDE of the Custom Scenery folder, but still within the Xplane install directory itself? Or does it want to be installed completely OUTSIDE of the XP install folder (in my case=D:\X-Plane 11).

Also, I see where under Settings-Simulator-Libraries-Main Library, Orbx is looking to create a 'location' for an Orbx Library of some sort, i.e.  c:\users\xxxxxx\Orbx Library? Is this where XP TE Florida will eventually reside, or a folder/directory for Orbx to store their own internal tools/routines/etc.? How does this relate to the Custom Scenery folder? Also, should this Orbx Library folder for XPlane be the same exact folder as the one for Prepar3D? Should they be separate & discrete?

Just trying to better understand things, so that I don't make a mis-step along the way, causing bigger issues.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

You can install all the parts of the addon either into the XP directory, where it will put itself into the Custom Scenery folder, OR you can make a Library outside of the Directory and even on another disk drive, using Orbx Central/settings/ Create a new Library as shown in the pic below.

All the details are in the Orbx central User Guide I attach.

Central User Guide.pdf

Capture3.thumb.JPG.79073fc2d39fe471dc05b96129e4dfd3.JPG

Archived