Loading errors when re downloading True Earth GB scenery.

I have tried a number of times to re load my purchases today after un-installing them yesterday as I needed to re install X Plane 11 after finding some issues with other installed scenery that I could not resolve. After each installation attempt it advises me of a number of errors which should not be ignored. I tried the 'Verify files' but it made no difference

I am unable to attach the Central Log File as it is 10.8mb which is more than your restriction allows so have cut and pasted an example of the numerous errors shown on it (which all appear to be similar). Scenery shows as being fully downloaded in Orbx Central but states 'Errors encountered when installing this product - seek support'. I have experienced this with all three True earth GB sceneries. I also own True earth Florida but have not tried this yet

Please help

Peter

[INFO] Converting Custom Scenery\Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures\a010xfbb0x17.JPG
2020-05-15T14:02:47.090Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] texconv exited with code -1073741515
2020-05-15T14:02:47.090Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] D:\Users\Peter\xp11\TrueEarth Great Britain North\Custom Scenery\Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures\a0b0xf970x17.JPG doesn't exist after conversion.
2020-05-15T14:02:47.090Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Failed to convert Custom Scenery\Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures\a0b0xf970x17.JPG
2020-05-15T14:02:47.091Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.Exception: Conversion failed.

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  XP11.

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Loading errors

Hello,

you can delete the log, run Orbx Central as far as the error and send that.

Or of course, send the file to Compressed (zipped) folder in Windows File Explorer.

To save the support staff from reading thousands of irrelevant lines, I think I would recommend the first option.

Hi Nick

Thanks for your prompt reply. I,m not sure I understand the second method you mention. When I attempt to download the scenery it doesn't tell me of any errors until it has completed ( nearly two hours later) so I don't know how I could run it as far as the error, as you suggest. Could you please explain? Thanks

Hi

As nick has advised please find attached compressed central log file for above issue. Please note that during the time of re installation I was encountering some 'communication issues' being displayed however I persisted and eventually managed to obtain the downloads but with the above error issues.

central.zip

Hi again

To add to the above I have found this morning that x plane 11 now wont work  and unbelievably my Oculus Rift screen wont come to life. I can understand the issue with x plane but my Rift? This cant be due to the Orbx surely. A coincidence? A disaster, yes

Hello,

it does seem most unlikely that the two events are connected.

If you installed your Orbx product directly into the Custom Scenery folder, you can easily just move all the files out of it and see if that has any effect.

If it does not, then at least you will know that the problem lies elsewhere.

If you installed to an Orbx Central Library, just remove the links from your Custom Scenery folder.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @PeterMC

The installation of TrueEarth products require an additional conversion step that other products do not. The tool that performs the conversion on Windows is texconv.

The log file indicates that the conversion tool is failing to convert any files.

2020-05-15T14:48:18.137Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] texconv exited with code -1073741515
2020-05-15T14:48:18.137Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] D:\Users\Peter\xp11\TrueEarth Great Britain North\Custom Scenery\Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures\9d10xf550x17.JPG doesn't exist after conversion.
2020-05-15T14:48:18.138Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Failed to convert Custom Scenery\Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures\9d10xf550x17.JPG
2020-05-15T14:48:18.138Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.Exception: Conversion failed.

The most likely cause of the conversions failing is missing system requirements. Check if you meet all the system requirements outlined in the user guide here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit#bookmark=id.bgvu4oqei45r

Hi Josh

I'm not sure I understand how these C++ redistributeable  files could be missing as when I purchased the TE UK scenery last month they all installed through Orbx central without any problems. I installed four in total including Florida. Could it be that the un-install process which was done via Orbx central has also removed the distrubutables? Could this removal also be the cause of my Oculus Rift now not working? Please advise. In the meantime I will try and re load these missing system files 

Thanks and regards

Peter

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @PeterMC

Orbx Central won't remove the C++ Redistributables, even during an uninstall. Orbx Central also doesn't perform any actions that would affect your Oculus Rift.

Hi Josh

Thanks for your reply.

Just to let you know, I found a windows restore point (C drive only) yesterday which was timed just before I uninstalled The Orbx Scenery and X Plane (D Drive) on 14th May. I restored my computer back to this point and the Oculus rift has started working again. I was also able to download my Orbx scenery again with out issue (Which I am still in the process of doing now) so I dont know what caused the problem but it would point to the uninstallation of either X Plane, which was done in the normal Windows uninstall app method or uninstalling Orbx scenery which was done via Orbx central. Maybe something messed with the registry? Anyway I appear to be up and running again but it was a bit of a scary moment for me loosing my Oculus like that.

Thanks for your input

Regards

Peter

Archived