Zipper-Like Lines In Intra-Coastal Waterway Rivers

Hello...do you know what is causing this zipper-like line effect in the middle of rivers?  I don't see this on inland rivers, just mostly along the Intra-Coastal Waterway that runs along the southeast coast of the USA.  The picture is from 5500ft at the south end of Cumberland Island looking north.  This is just Orbx LC North America and the NA Airports package.

The Terra Flora v2 trees look great by the way.  This area of the country is covered by tall skinny loblolly pine trees for miles and miles with a few live oaks near the coast.

Cumberland_Island.jpg

I think I know what is going on here.  See the Google Maps satellite picture.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cumberland+Island/@30.8453674,-81.590365,44051m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x88e4e3985ff5b3f9:0x2754917f1477c8a3!8m2!3d30.8532764!4d-81.4388858

The zipper looking lines seem to follow sand bars in the satellite pictures.  These are sand banks just below the water and are usually only exposed at high tide — which your scenery should take into account.  They aren't regular land surface.  If you do show them they should look like tan yellowish sand but below the water.

The water is the wrong colour as well.   There are several major rivers that empty out in this area and the water is a brown, murky colour because of all the river sediment and doesn't turn blue until you are several miles offshore.  South of Jacksonville along the Florida coast there are no major rivers and the water is that brilliant Caribbean blue colour.

Archived