Xp11 won't load a flight (ctd) after SoCal install

Ok then, back to the subject at hand;

It's not you, it's the TE SoCal & Orbx Central   4.1.8 software. My whole rig crashes and burns instantly if I load a flight in SoCal although it runs fine in NorCal.

I've been in every know  forum  and have tried all  suggestions/solutions. No joy. I've attached both the Orbx Central Log and the XP Log but they don't show any indication of failure most likely because they lost power/communication in the nanosecond computer crash. It's so fast that the Event Viewer Log's only makes  a minor note of it. The only variance I have in my rig  is running Win 10 v.2004  Build 19041 Beta,  which has played well with everything else,  and   X-Plane 11.50b6 Beta so I can't really gripe because it's Orbx policy not to support beta. This is an understandable policy since until a beta becomes a release candidate and then is deemed an "Official Release"  they would be chasing a moving target. I love Beta releases because I get to break it so the casual user never gets a chance to. If you're going to be a Beta  Warrior get used to failure, it's baked into the cake. And, the cake tastes great  when they release the final working product and know that you got to be part of the baking.

After a decade plus of simming starting with OZx before there was Orbx I have never had a more challenging   installation failure. Fortunately the boy's at Orbx will be back to work Monday (Tomorrow our PDT time) and will likely  see v1.0.1 on the servers shortly thereafter with further guidance from them. Problem solved pending Orbx action. You'll know it's ready to download again when you start seeing user screenshots...

I say again, it's not you it's the software.

Keep the blue side up and the greasy side down.

Cordially,
Roger Halunen

central 2.txt Log.txt

Archived