No Orbx So Cal at KLAX

I just purchased my first Orbx product. Installed So. California SD into my Orbx library and everything went smoothly.

Only problem I have found, is that my (Shortfinal Design's KLAX HD) is showing up, but without the Orbx scenery all the way to San Diego. I attached this photo. Sorry, I am new to forums.

Screenshot (139).png

I am not sure about the compatibility with the KLXHD addon but looking at your scenery pack maybe try disabling the KLAX HD mesh file to see if that helps. Also try it with both the KLAX HD files disabled temporarily to see if that is causing the issue.

3 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

I am not sure about the compatibility with the KLXHD addon but looking at your scenery pack maybe try disabling the KLAX HD mesh file to see if that helps. Also try it with both the KLAX HD files disabled temporarily to see if that is causing the issue.

Ok, I will try this. Thanks for the help!

I am running SFD KLAX as well. Even when using Forkboy's Ortho I had to make the Ortho's for KLAX transparent in order for everything to blend nicely and have XP11 disable the ortho's that come with SFD KLAX.

This video will show you exactly how to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIy9YEAge6o

Also, make a backup of the SFD orthos in case you ever need to revert the changes.

11 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Just a friendly reminder that there is no support for XP Betas, so i am only making suggestions:)

Alright, well I removed the mesh and now everything is working like a charm! Thanks again for the quick support.

9 minutes ago, tmccarty1 said:

I am running SFD KLAX as well. Even when using Forkboy's Ortho I had to make the Ortho's for KLAX transparent in order for everything to blend nicely and have XP11 disable the ortho's that come with SFD KLAX.

This video will show you exactly how to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIy9YEAge6o

Also, make a backup of the SFD orthos in case you ever need to revert the changes.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

On 5/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, ibelarry said:

Hi!

I had the same issue with SFD KLAX!  Just make sure the file z_KLAX_HD_Mesh is below your ortho scenery or TE So Cal ortho folder but above any HD mesh!  That fixed it for me!

Thanks so much for the help! I deleted the mesh like a dummy thinking that fixed it. Well, a day later I got back on and no Mister X airport lol. So I will try your method.

Archived