YBCG Control panel

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  win10

Simulator:  P3dv4.5 HF2

Screenshot:  

Issue: YBCG Control panel not saving settings 

Hi, I'm having a problem with the YBCG Control panel not saving my settings after applying them and clicking save, when I reopen the control panel there is nothing clicked so I do it again and the same happens, I've verified the files and tried it to no avail, this is with Orbx Central 4.1.7, all my Orbx products are still in my P3dv4.5 root folder, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers Rod.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Double Bubble

It appears that there's some issues in the control panel file that result in it being unable to be written correctly.

2020-05-07T04:52:15.629Z [ERROR] [Central::ProductConfigurationService] - Unknown option.
2020-05-07T04:52:15.630Z [ERROR] [Central::ProductConfigurationService] - Unknown option.
2020-05-07T04:52:15.630Z [ERROR] [Central::ProductConfigurationService] - Unknown option.

You can delete the control panel file at N:\P3DV4.1\Orbx\Scripts\orbx_cpl_YBCG.xml, perform a verify files of YBCG to recreate it which should hopefully resolve the issue.

1 hour ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi @Double Bubble

It appears that there's some issues in the control panel file that result in it being unable to be written correctly.

2020-05-07T04:52:15.629Z [ERROR] [Central::ProductConfigurationService] - Unknown option.

You can delete the control panel file at N:\P3DV4.1\Orbx\Scripts\orbx_cpl_YBCG.xml, perform a verify files of YBCG to recreate it which should hopefully resolve the issue.

Nope that didn't work, settings will not save, I've now noticed that it's happening with a few more sceneries and airports, it looks like old control panels still there from FTX Central creating a conflict, maybe.

Rod.

Ok I have a list of products that don't save the settings in Orbx Central 4.1.7, Scotland, Central  Rockies, Northern Rockies, Jackson International, Stockholm, Dubrovnik, Innsbruck, Gold Coast and Canberra, why do some items in the control panels when ticked become a white dot and others have a tick? 

Rod

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Double Bubble

I'm not sure what you mean by some having a tick and others having a white dot. Can you provide a screenshot of this?

I've tested the YBCG control panel and YBCS  control panel and I can't recreate the issue you're encountering. The control panel in Orbx Central works by comparing the files within the product to those outlined in the control panel xml file. This way it can determine which options are enabled based on the files that present in the product.

It's possible there are files in place for both the 'onpath' and 'offpath' within the product that result in both states being enabled and in turn confusing the control panel.

Hi Josh,

Here's a shot of the Central Rockies control panel (sorry for a phone shot), if I save it as it looks it will not save, same goes for all the control panels as my previous post, I've also attached a copy of the xml file I think showing both on and off path at the same time as you've suggested, hope this helps.

Cheers.

Control Panel.jpg

orbx_cpl_FTXNACRM.xml orbx_cpl_YBCG.xml

Archived