this region has missing scenery

Hello I recently installed Orbx TrueEarth US Washington HD - X-Plane 11 1.1.0 - September 2019, I've been flying for a couple of hours out of KSEA and was very pleased with everything, the views are stunning. I decided to take a trip down to Portland, as I headed south with mt st helens on my left a saw what appeared to be an uncharted river, said 'river' seemed to be getting larger and it soon became obvious there was a blank area looking light blue. as I flew over it I got this pop up. This region has missing scenery +140-130/+44-123.dsf ,,  I was able to find that file in only one place, Orbx library x x x >custom scenery>Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom>Earth nav data I was wondering if this file name should exist in the other Earth nav data folders?  The Orbx Custom Scenery folder is

208 GB 62,514 files 149 folders. Im using XP 11.41 windows 10 . Any help would be much appreciated.

3 hours ago, Aaron D Ramsdell said:

Hello I recently installed Orbx TrueEarth US Washington HD - X-Plane 11 1.1.0 - September 2019, I've been flying for a couple of hours out of KSEA and was very pleased with everything, the views are stunning. I decided to take a trip down to Portland, as I headed south with mt st helens on my left a saw what appeared to be an uncharted river, said 'river' seemed to be getting larger and it soon became obvious there was a blank area looking light blue. as I flew over it I got this pop up. This region has missing scenery +140-130/+44-123.dsf ,,  I was able to find that file in only one place, Orbx library x x x >custom scenery>Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom>Earth nav data I was wondering if this file name should exist in the other Earth nav data folders?  The Orbx Custom Scenery folder is

208 GB 62,514 files 149 folders. Im using XP 11.41 windows 10 . Any help would be much appreciated.

Portland is covered in TE Oregon. You need TE Oregon or at least the USA in default scenery where there will be a distinct demarcation line between scenery.

I am assuming your Global Scenery folder is active and that you installed at least the US in it when you installed XPlane?

I had no idea I was anywhere near Portland, but not that you mentioned it I'll go look at the area map of the package to see that's the case, sorry for bothering you. I was at lvl 20 but directly above . So I looked and think you're right on, is there a easy way to make it start using default scenery at the point where ortho cuts off? I'm kinda new I was thinking X plane would automatically do that.  Maybe I should be asking this in that forum? thanks for your time.

Checking your advice above on those folders, I'm sure that's the issue.

31 minutes ago, Aaron D Ramsdell said:

I had no idea I was anywhere near Portland, but not that you mentioned it I'll go look at the area map of the package to see that's the case, sorry for bothering you. I was at lvl 20 but directly above . So I looked and think you're right on, is there a easy way to make it start using default scenery at the point where ortho cuts off? I'm kinda new I was thinking X plane would automatically do that.  Maybe I should be asking this in that forum? thanks for your time.

Checking your advice above on those folders, I'm sure that's the issue.

It will automatically use default scenery when your ortho scenery boundaries are breached as long as you have installed enough Global Scenery for that area when you had the option at the time of installing XPlane. You can check what default Global Scenery you installed by opening XPlane folder and selecting X-Plane installer/Add or remove scenery as shown in the attached pic. You can see in my pic that I chose the whole world to be downloaded as it is all in Blue. You just click on parts of the world map and choose the regions you want to install. I suggest the whole world as it is 47GB in folder size or if you only fly US and Europe then that option is available as well

Capture.JPG.f608534b6585d75edc0db5515b9245ff.JPG

• 6 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 8:02 PM, Jon Clarke said:

Good luck. I hope it resolves the issue.

Hi Jon ,

May I ask if you could help me with this partial message with X plane .

I can vaguely remembered that I ran a program which checked a compatibility between what i must have and it gave me 32 files missing but I cannot remember where I found that option other then I think it was under steam but where ????? .

'objects/industrial/EU/industrial_52.04x18.0_40_lugano.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/EBBR Brussels/'.
0:01:02.770 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/EBBR Brussels/Earth nav data/+50+000/+50+004.dsf:

Thank you 

Michel 

You are quoting errors that are being reported for EBBR Brussels. Is that an Orbx addon as i cannot find it anywhere?

objects/industrial/EU/industrial_52.04x18.0_40_lugano.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/EBBR Brussels/'.
0:01:02.770 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/EBBR Brussels/Earth nav data/+50+000/+50+004.dsf:

Archived