What Cache.

Dadtom65

Sorry if this is not in the appropriate place but I need to sign into the Microsoft flight sim site as I have been having trouble signing in as you have to clear some cache folder. Plus just realised as I have just updated my windows to the new 1909 version and that was a pain, so need to send them my new DxDiag file is it. Sorry thanks Derek.

Derek

No need to clear cache (in my experience).

Go into XBOX Live and log out if you're signed in. Then into your Microsoft account and log out of that too.

Reboot pooter.

Try to log in at the sim site now. 

Report back as there's more detail but try this first.

EDIT

Got this from Twitter and it's the thing that worked for me:

I learned that if you use the "Auto Sign-In" feature for the website, that's what breaks the insider hub (at least for me). So DON'T use it.

If when you click insider login and it just takes you back to the main page or another page without asking you to login, you can simply fix it by going to Xbox.com and login in the top right. Once it says you're logged in, click your profile picture and select sign-out.

Now, go back to the FlightSim website and click login. Fill out your login information and sign in! Again... DO NOT CLICK AUTO SIGN-IN.

Derek - just copy and paste into a text file?

There's also a link below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/having-log-in-trouble-for-microsoft-flight-insider/db13d9b2-bb67-42bd-aa5e-67b23ce2726a?page=4

and step by step:

This is what fixes it for me (although the issue does reappear at some later point). Using Google Chrome browser as an example.

1.) Close ALL instances of Chrome browser.

2.) Open Chrome and visit live.com

3.) If you are logged in to the site it takes you to, log out.

4.) Revisit live.com and clear ALL cookies that are used on that site. To do this, click the padlock icon next to the URL bar, then select Cookies, then click Remove until there is NOTHING left.

5.) Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 for bing.com (this is a belts and braces step.. you should not need to do it).

6.) In Chrome, go to flightsimulator.com

7.) Clear ALL cookies that are in use for this site using the same procedure as in step 4. Note that you will be clearing ALL cookies that are shown, even if the domain for that cookie is not flightsimilator.com.

8.) Close ALL instances of Google Chrome.

9.) Open Google Chrome again and navigate to flightsimulator.com

10.) Click the Insider Login link (you should be able to click the user icon to the right of this, but I've only tested clicking the insider login link).

11.) If all is OK you SHOULD be taken to a generic Microsoft login page. Enter your email address and click the button. Enter your password. For me, this now logs me in successfully to the insider pages.

Archived