East Midlands - EGNX - Windturbines kill my frames

Please use this sub-forum for Bug reports with Orbx products only.

Please note that this sub-forum is for Bugs found in a working product.

It is not for support requests if a product does not work as intended.

I have an extreme problem with my frame rate when the wind turbines come into view. It then drops to around 12-15, although I have frames of around 40 when I turn my view away from the wind turbines.
Had described the problem some time ago, but received no answer. I wrote a ticket yesterday. Now I have been referred from there. Now I wonder if anyone can help me or Orbx is generally interested in customer service.

Greetings

9 hours ago, Thomas Mies said:

Please use this sub-forum for Bug reports with Orbx products only.

Please note that this sub-forum is for Bugs found in a working product.

It is not for support requests if a product does not work as intended.

I have an extreme problem with my frame rate when the wind turbines come into view. It then drops to around 12-15, although I have frames of around 40 when I turn my view away from the wind turbines.
Had described the problem some time ago, but received no answer. I wrote a ticket yesterday. Now I have been referred from there. Now I wonder if anyone can help me or Orbx is generally interested in customer service.

Greetings

The reduction of fps when you come into the view of turbines is not a product deficiency but due to hardware settings. If it was a problem for everyone then this would have been addressed but I am afraid you are the only one I recall mentioning the problem.

Orbx does take customer service seriously but the support is geared for assisting when a product is not working or not installed correctly etc and clearly the addon/product is working fine but your particular PC specs and settings are struggling with just Turbines.

You could attach a pic of your settings and details of your PC specs including hard drive type like SSD, NVME or HDD etc.

maybe we can work something out.

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

The reduction of fps when you come into the view of turbines is not a product deficiency but due to hardware settings. If it was a problem for everyone then this would have been addressed but I am afraid you are the only one I recall mentioning the problem.

Orbx does take customer service seriously but the support is geared for assisting when a product is not working or not installed correctly etc and clearly the addon/product is working fine but your particular PC specs and settings are struggling with just Turbines.

You could attach a pic of your settings and details of your PC specs including hard drive type like SSD, NVME or HDD etc.

maybe we can work something out.

Ok. I Hope so.

Intel Core I7-8700 / 3,7 Ghz

Xplane11 installed on SSD

ASUS Prime  Z370-P

Nividia Geforce GTX 1080Ti

32 RAM

Screenshots

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.04.24 - 23.59.53.73 (Klein).png

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 00.00.00.71 (Klein).png

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 00.00.23.07 (Klein).png

Archived