TE Florida errors

jrw4

I am attaching the log.txt and scenery_packs.ini files for my current installation into which I installed TE Florida a few days ago. Something's not right, e.g., there's no display of parked aircraft or airport ground vehicle traffic. 

I'm guessing that there is a problem with the order in which the various TE folders are being loaded in the scenery_packs file, but it's not clear from the User Guide that what that order might be.

The log.txt and custom scenery load order are attached.

Many thanks.

scenery_packs.ini Log.txt

Thank you, Jon. I'm still getting errors in the log.txt file for the area.

Unfortunately, I still don't see any parked aircraft or ground traffic at KTPA (or KPBI, for example). I did try one totally default airport (KBUF), and one custom one (KLAX), and they both displayed parked aircraft.

I am attaching the log.txt and scenery order file for KTPA again.

scenery_packs.ini Log.txt

9 hours ago, jrw4 said:

Thank you, Jon. I'm still getting errors in the log.txt file for the area.

Unfortunately, I still don't see any parked aircraft or ground traffic at KTPA (or KPBI, for example). I did try one totally default airport (KBUF), and one custom one (KLAX), and they both displayed parked aircraft.

I am attaching the log.txt and scenery order file for KTPA again.

scenery_packs.ini 3.08 kB · 2 downloads Log.txt 61.47 kB · 0 downloads

Please tell me what error reports are in the Log as I am not seeing them. I am not saying they are not there, just that I need your assistance in pointing them out to me.

I also must mention that the Orbx TE Florida addon does not contain any Orbx airports as they are all default XP airports.

You could use this link to download and install an addon KTPA airport which could well resolve your issue with the lack of ground traffic or parked aircraft.

I also assume you have the option of Draw parked Aircraft ticked.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/42587-ktpa-tampa-international/

There are three lines that look like this

0:00:39.117 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +26-084

0:00:39.117 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +27-084

0:00:39.117 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +28-084

John

I'll try that idea of reloading KTPA, although I did also try KPBI

Jon,

Updating

--Added the freeware KTPA airport you suggested. The parked aircraft do appear, so yes, the corresponding check box has been selected.

--Loaded at KPBI. No parked aircraft appear.

--To experiment, disabled the Orbx airport file: SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports/. Still no parked aircraft at KPBI after restart.

--Just to check, reloaded at KRDU. Parked aircraft appear.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

John

PS to previous

In the spirit of experimentation I extended the suggestion involving KTPA. I downloaded the gateway KPBI (2017 edition) and placed it in the Custom Scenery folder. After startup, it appears as it should at the top of the .ini file. Interestingly, the parked aircraft now appear. There appears to be something funky about either the loading priority of those Orbx files, or the files themselves.

The layering sequence of your TE Florida installation is not as i would have expected Orbx Central to layer them. If I look at your initial scenery_packs attachment the TE Florida files were all over the place and incorrectly sequenced. For example the the Overlay file was above the Custom file and the Custom file was below the orthos. Do you use something like X-organiser or do you not have the option:

Enable Automatic layering ticked as in the pic below? I have downloaded and installed many dozens Orbx addons via Orbx central and never seen the layering as it was in your initial scenery-packs.

Capture.JPG

Just now, jrw4 said:

I just checked and the automatic layering box was checked.

Should I uninstall and try again?

Don't uninstall and reinstall if all is now OK with the 2 airports you were having problems with have now been downloaded and places at the top of the scenery_packs.

I am assuming that the actual TE Florida is working fine isn't it?

FYI I too do not have the Earth nav data files you refer to either. The only error reports that need to be addressed and are problematic are the ones that appear on screen and not in your Log.

Unless you are having other issues i would just get on and enjoy the scenery and go to your working airports with parked ai traffic :)

Yes, I figured that out with regard to the missing tiles. I'm pretty sure they refer to neighboring tiles that are completely filed with water. In Florida, there are lots of those!

I also have what I think is good news with regard to the parked a/c. After our earlier discussion, I DISABLED as much of that .ini file as I could, just to see whether I could display them, and it turns out that I can. I'll try reenabling small numbers of those files until I get the one that's causing the problem.

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if I find the offender.

Archived