could not locate image file for terrain

Error, Could not locate image file for terrain 

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/ac80xfc70x17M.ter

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/

../textures/ac80xfc70x17.dds

Hi all, im getting this error message everytime i try and start a flight, ive been able to fly over gatwick but nowhere else, ive looked on loads of forums that have had the same issue but no resolve, ive done the verify files option and it says its all installed correctly etc, ive verified files over 10 times now and the same thing happens, ive also completely deleted and formatted my hard drive and reinstalled xplane11 and Orbx only to get the same issue, i have 1tb of space. ive also manually located the files it says it cannot locate, i tried deleting them, then verifying again to reinstall them which worked and the files came back but i still got the same error. losing my patience with this now, ive paid money for it and ive looked for every possible fix, not happy with the product so far and its a shame because all the pictures of it look great. 

can anyone help?  am i being really stupid and just missed something basic?

1 hour ago, flyinkiwi said:

Also having same issues with Florida HD - first I just downloaded and installed on a folder outside with shortcuts to the main xp folder, then i moved the folders directly into the custom scenery folder. And still getting the below persistent error message.. please advise.

1240089831_ERRORMESAGE.png.62678303573ff81063ee39f400328e3b.pngLog.txtscenery_packs.ini

Attached are log and scenery

Please raise your own post so a s not to mix your issue with the original posters topic.

9 hours ago, slugnugget1 said:

Error, Could not locate image file for terrain 

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/ac80xfc70x17M.ter

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/

../textures/ac80xfc70x17.dds

Hi all, im getting this error message everytime i try and start a flight, ive been able to fly over gatwick but nowhere else, ive looked on loads of forums that have had the same issue but no resolve, ive done the verify files option and it says its all installed correctly etc, ive verified files over 10 times now and the same thing happens, ive also completely deleted and formatted my hard drive and reinstalled xplane11 and Orbx only to get the same issue, i have 1tb of space. ive also manually located the files it says it cannot locate, i tried deleting them, then verifying again to reinstall them which worked and the files came back but i still got the same error. losing my patience with this now, ive paid money for it and ive looked for every possible fix, not happy with the product so far and its a shame because all the pictures of it look great. 

can anyone help?  am i being really stupid and just missed something basic?

Do you meet all the requirements as outlined in this link? You must ensure you have ALL the necessary prerequisites in place prior to attempting a download and installation. 

You say you have 1TB of space I assume that is free space? Please confirm

Do you have a separate drive with XP on it or is the 1TB drive also your C drive? Please confirm.

If separate drives I need to know the free space on both drives please.

In the  meantime I need you to use Orbx Central to uninstall TE Florida. Don' try and delete files please, use the uninstall option in Orbx Central.

I also need you to clear your Temp folder and untick the Make backup option, and delete any backup copy you have. The pic I attach shows you where and how to do all that. Reboot the pC

Once you have done those things and answered my 2 key questions regarding disk free space I will then guide you through the new install process.

@flyinkiwi All the above pertains to you as well please, including answering the same questions etc.

Thanks

InkedInkedCapture_LI.thumb.jpg.d69104bbd6ccae9e51441387a16923f1.jpg

29 minutes ago, slugnugget1 said:

Xplane and Orbx are on my D drive which after install now has 783 gb space left 

Thanks. You have not answered my question about the free space capacity on your C drive if that is where your Temp folder resides. You have only give n free space about your D drive with XP and Orbx on it.

Please attach a pic of your Orbx Central/settings/downloader page like the one I attached in my last post 

Thanks for that clarification. So you have lots of free space on the D drive that also contains your XP installation and Orbx Central. That is TEGB Central you are referring to?

I think you are now ready to do the installation for TEGB South.

Open Orbx Central and under My Products, choose TEGB Central and click Install. Make sure you choose the location. I strongly suggest that you choose the direct install into XP Directory for now. We can always move to a new library etc at a later date but I want to eliminate any possible mishaps regarding creating new libraries and all that.

It will take a while as you know. I think all should be OK now as all the requirements are met.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am just having the same problem. I have North England and South England on a different SSD HDD, and when i load X-plane and start form an airport in South, i get the message with the "ac80xfc70x17M.ter". It wont load it, and collapse X-plane.
On the SSD HDD where X-Plane 11 are, i also have England Central  installed, and if i start from an airport here, there are no problems.

There are shortcuts for it all in custom scenery, but it will not load correctly.

Any solutions?

Johnny F.

6 hours ago, johnnyDK said:

Hi all,

I am just having the same problem. I have North England and South England on a different SSD HDD, and when i load X-plane and start form an airport in South, i get the message with the "ac80xfc70x17M.ter". It wont load it, and collapse X-plane.
On the SSD HDD where X-Plane 11 are, i also have England Central  installed, and if i start from an airport here, there are no problems.

There are shortcuts for it all in custom scenery, but it will not load correctly.

Any solutions?

Johnny F.

Please make a new post in your name and subject as this Thread was resolved and although you initially may have a similar problem it may not be the same problem in the end. We need to keep an eye on threads that are posted and resolved rather than people adding there issue/problem to someone elses post.

I trust you understand.

In the meantime please read the link I give here and ensure you meet ALL the requirements and make necessary adjustments if required.

Also in your new post, attach a pick of the on screen error message and a copy of your XP Log.

Thanks

Archived