Airfield Elevation Issue P3D V4.5

Good morning folks,

Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Running V4.5, Windows 10, Orbx Global Base Pack, Vector, openLC North America, Northern and Southern California, and the Global Airport Pack. I mainly only fly PMDG's products.  

Lately, when I have loaded up the sim the aircraft altimeters show me below field elevation, even when the correct barometric pressure is set in the Khollsman Window. Additionally when running vPilot, I see other people who are connected to the network are floating above me, which makes me think the problem is on my end specifically, and not vPilot. What ends up happening, is I go to land, but set off the crash sensors in the sim because it reads the altitude incorrectly, leading to a crash.  

I'm just curious if anyone else out there has had this issue, and if it truly is a P3D problem or an Orbx problem, and what the remedy is for fixing it. I do appreciate the help.

-JR

EDIT: Screenshots for better explanation. You can see the aircraft in the background in mid air at the terminal

FBD80BBD-CD8A-4844-8FFF-1CC8199D9C52.jpeg

403813D8-D596-494C-8311-9B997C4BD120.jpeg

I did some more digging, and I uninstalled all of my Orbx scenery and started from scratch.  I loaded the global base pack, vector, and opelLC, and everything worked fine (no more field elevation issue).  

I then installed Southern California, and boom, the incorrect field elevation came back.  Is there something on my end that I can tweak to fix that problem?  Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I don't think that there is, except to avoid using SCA when flying online.

Or of course, persuade everyone else to use it as well.

Hi Nick,

The incorrect field elevation exists outside of multiplayer as well.  If I enable SCA, the elevation of LAS changes to what you see in my screenshot of my PFD, if I turn SCA off, the elevation goes back to what it should be.  Is it a layering issue on my end?

Hello,

I think you misunderstand me.

If you version is at a different level to your fellow multiplayers',

then you will see their aircraft at the different elevation.

It is not beyond possibility that the SCA version is at a

different level to the default one.

49 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I think you misunderstand me.

If you version is at a different level to your fellow multiplayers',

then you will see their aircraft at the different elevation.

It is not beyond possibility that the SCA version is at a

different level to the default one.

Well I hate to be a stickler, but that is exactly what is happening.  

When I spawn into Las Vegas with SCA uninstalled (default scenery only) the field elevation of Vegas is right around 2190, which is correct.  When I spawn in with SCA installed, the terrain falls to 2130, which is 50 feet below what it should be.

It is normal.

I recognise that in an ideal world everything should be exactly as the book states but sometimes it is not.

I have been flying online since Fs 2002 and it has always been the case that to avoid this type of anomaly,

all players must be using the same scenery.

Often, this has meant some players having to disable their favourite addon just to avoid seeing what you do,

or to avoid seeing a fellow multiplayer taxi through a building or aircraft that he/she does not see at their end.

Archived