XP11 KBHB and Forkboy Ortho

chaseydog

I recently purchased the Bar Harbor airport for X-plane and after flying around the area fore a few days decided to install the Forkboy Ortho for New England. Now the runway is a bit bumpy, to the point where its no longer usable. Is there a work around to get these two to work together or is it one or the other?

Flat runway

uKSy7ty.png

Decidedly less flat runway

rzAX4pB.png

The runway is not flat as far as I know. I tto have the Forkboy imagery with Bar Harbor but my runway looks more like your a mix of your 2 pics. It's not flat, as intended, but te bumps are not as exaggerated as your pic 2.

Do you have additional mesh installed ?

You could try a reinstall rather than a verify Files as the airport is not a major download, but before you do that, open Orbx Central, uninstall KBHB and untick the Make backup Copy in the Orbx Central/settings/Downloader option, and also the Clear Temp folder option on the same page.

Attach your scenery_packs.ini for me to look at. X-Organiser doesn't always work correctly with Orbx.

Also  open KBHB and open Earth Nav Data. Name the apt file in there as apt.bak and drop this apt in there. It is a copy of mine which doesn't have such an exaggerate bumpiness to it as your pic is showing. There is nothing modified about the attached apt it is the original. Just in case yours has become changed for some reason.

apt.dat

I have rearranged your scenery_packs.ini. I also have resolution to your elevation problem you may want to consider and used by myself and others.

In ForkBoys New England Orthos and remove from Earth nav data +40-070 the +44-069.dsf file.

KBHB has a reasonable amount of surrounding ortho in the addon so I personally don't find it a distraction not having that complete Forkboy tile installed. It also flattens out some airport buildings which you may or may not see.

scenery_packs.ini

See this link:

Archived