New Hughes 500D Wonky's Blog! 93. Showing monitor, Vulcan settings. But now video capture problems

David Lawrence

New Hughes 500D Wonky's Blog! 93. Showing monitor, Vulcan settings. But now video capture problems. So here are the settings I am using under Vulcan on my flat screen set-up. It's the smoothest its ever been and I also have for the first time clouds and reflections turned on with full texture quality. Screenshot at start and end of the video. During the flight, it's the best visuals I have seen at my local Shoreham. That's not to say the same settings would work in London! What surprised me is the video capture using G Force was for the first time not keeping up. It has a number of stutters and some blurriness. I have never seen before? It could be that the card can't cope as it used to with recording and all the data now being thrown at it. so I might have to look at lower settings for video. It's a shame as it did really look good. I have an I7 at overclocked at 4.9 and a 1080 graphics card. More investigation needed. It's worth a look as at times it looks so good, and then a stutter and a blurriness for a short time. So we have an updated Hughes 500D 11.41.5.

you can get it here. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/52938-hughes-500d/ As ever she is great to fly and I hope we will continue to see upgrades in the future.

Archived