Install problems with Florida, Oregon, and Washington SD

Hello there. I have recently had to do complete PC reset. Prior to this I had used all 3 True Earth GB packs via FTS without issue. I have now re-installed XP11 and decided I would treat myself the these 3 US packs. I noted that there is now the Orbx Central app, so I duly downloaded this. Having reviewed the thread entitled Installing True Earth Addon Guide by Jon, I have downloaded all 3 and also the 3 GB packs. Having followed the guidance, ensure I had sufficient disc space, and that my system meets the requirements, I have been unsuccessful in getting any of the packs to work.

Central tells me that US Washington SD, Oregon SD, and Florida SD are installed into the following directory: D:\Steam D\steamapps\common\X-plane 11

What I am finding is that XP stalls when "Reading new scenery files", and I am a bit confused as to what to do next? Is there any guidance you might be able to provide? Having had no issues with the original FTS and a great experience with the Orbx Great Britain packs I expect I must have done something wrong, but it is not clear to me what it is.

When I looked in each file I did note that they were all zipped. Could this be the problem?

Apologies, I am no expert here. I am keen to identify what I can do better, however.

My PC speck is an Intel I5 Kaby Lake, 12GB DDR 4, and a 1660ti.

Many thanks in advance. 

Rob

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hello and welcome.

The loading time for the 3 US and 3 TEGB addons can be quite lengthy and are also governed by the speed of the disk drive they are installed on.

Please attach the XP log txt file that is inside your XP directory, so I can check if all is actually installed correctly.

Do the  addons physically appear in your steamapps/common folder?

10 minutes ago, Robaylesbury said:

Thank you for the reply. You were correct. I just had to allow a lot longer for the software to load. Apologies to have wasted your time here. 

Not a problem. Now you just need to think of something to do while a flight is loading. :lol:

Archived