KSUN Black Terrain Textures

Greetings:

Airport terrain (not surrounding terrain) is black.  Occasionally the aircraft spawns above ground and, for a moment, the scenery looks normal.  Then, when I un-pause and the aircraft settles to the runway, the terrain textures (runway, taxiways, parking areas) are back to black.

Had this problem since P3Dv4.0 but i'm just getting around to fixing.  I now have P3Dv4.5 with Hotfix 1 and 2 and the problem persists.  I also now have Orbx Central with the Orbx Object Flow 2 installed correctly plus Global Base Pack, Vector, Central and Northern Rockies Regions and more plus about 20 Orbx airports.

I've tried the Vector elevation adjustment tool with no luck.  I also checked for ADE_FTX_CRM_KSUN_elevation_adjustment.BGL and I do have it.  I removed it (dot.Off) but it made no difference and my Mesh Complexity is set to 5m.  As you can imagine, I've uninstalled and re-installed a time or two as well.

Only thing I see that looks peculiar are the two different entries in Scenery Library, line 22 and line 201.  The check boxes are greyed out so I can't do anything about this.  Is this normal for a .xml installation?  

Thanks for any help,

Jim Martin

KSUN_Works.JPG

KSUN Black 1.JPG

KSUN Black 2.JPG

KSUN_4.JPG

KSUN_5.JPG

4 hours ago, RampStrike said:

The check boxes are greyed out so I can't do anything about this.  Is this normal for a .xml installation?  

Hi Jim, yes this is correct, as you know, you can disable it from the P3D Addons menu.

I would delete the P3D shaders folder and restart the sim to rebuild a new set of shaders and test. 

Doug:

Resolved!

Thanks for your help.  Turns out that, while I did the full install of P3Dv4.5, it somehow didn't take.  I checked Prepar3D.exe properties and found I didn't have v4.5.  Once I installed v4.5 ( and double-checked the .exe properties and details) all problems were resolved.

Thanks again for your help,

Jim Martin

Archived